Fresh, healthy and so easy to throw together, this Easy Asian Chopped Chicken Salad with homemade Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette makes a perfect lunch or dinner option.
Is it just me or has there been an explosion of fall/pumpkin/Halloween recipes all over the internet and Pinterest this week? Given that it’s the week after Labor Day I suppose the timing makes sense, but I am so not ready. I mean, didn’t summer just start? Ok true, I will not miss the triple-digit temperatures and California and Oregon can definitely use some rain asap since they’re practically on fire (seriously, it’s bad)
…but, where did summer go?
Ok, don’t answer that.
But, Fall will be awesome, you guys. O asks every day if it is October because, in his sweet and innocent little world, October equals Halloween and this year he wants to be a skeleton. Fall also means birthdays (Octavian is turning 4. I don’t want to talk about it), my first mud run, launch of my brand new website (more on that later) and this Fall, the year I’ll become an Aunt.
So yeah, I’ll get over summer coming to an end.
My stomach, on the other hand, may need some more convincing.
Fortunately, this super delicious and healthy Asian Chopped Chicken Salad can be made any time of year. And it’s about as healthy as any salad can get. If you’re short on time, pick up a rotisserie chicken and skip cooking the chicken yourself.
What will you miss most about summer?
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please share it using the hashtag #theforkedspoon or by tagging @theforkedspoon on INSTAGRAM! Follow The Forked Spoon on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Easy Asian Chopped Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
- 2 small chicken breasts - cooked and shredded
- 1 head Romaine lettuce - finely chopped
- ½ green cabbage - finely chopped
- ½ small red cabbage - finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper - seeded and sliced
- ½ cup cilantro - chopped
- ¼ cup mint - chopped
- ¼ cup basil - chopped
- 1 English cucumber - sliced
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 fresno chili - thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
FOR THE SESAME GINGER VINAIGRETTE
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, carefully add the chicken breasts and return water to a boil. Cover pot with an air-tight lid and remove from heat. Allow chicken breasts to poach for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until fully cooked. Once cooked, transfer chicken to a plate to cool. Once cool enough to handle, shred chicken breasts with two forks or your fingers and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl arrange all the salad ingredients and gently toss together. Top with chicken and additional sesame seeds and set aside to prepare the dressing.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and season to taste.
- Drizzle salad with dressing and toss well to combine.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
If you enjoy this Asian chopped chicken salad, you may also enjoy-
Citrus Smoked Salmon Salad with Sweet Orange Mustard Vinaigrette