Bright, colorful, and overflowing with fresh vegetables, this Easy Chopped Mediterranean Salad is perfect for summer BBQs, potlucks, or as a fast and simple weeknight dinner.
There are few things in this world better than a good chopped salad.
Actually, just kidding. There are a lot of things I would trade a chopped Mediterranean salad for. Things like an automatic laundry folder, trip to an island in the Pacific, or a king size bed so that the entire family, plus the dog, could sleep comfortably(ish). However, given my lack of a private jet or disposable bank account, a good chopped salad will have to do. Lucky for us, this salad more than makes up for it.
My favorite part of this Chopped Mediterranean Salad, or any chopped salad, is that everything is already all chopped up nice a small.
I know, obviously. But, no, not obviously if you were me 5 years ago.
For so long I tried to figure out what made BBQ Chicken Salads so perfect and I could not figure it out.
You guys, it’s all about the chopping. Specifically the lettuce. Oh wait, I’m not here to talk about BBQ Chicken Salads. In fact, there’s no lettuce in this Chopped Mediterranean Salad at all. So who the heck knows what I’m rambling about anymore.
ah, these food bloggers (eye roll).
Oh wait, now I remember, I’m talking about this Chopped Mediterranean Salad. This salad is filled to the gills with Mediterranean inspired foods such as olives, feta cheese, garbanzo beans, and fresh vegetables.
Tangy, fresh, and so super crunchy this salad is perfect for dinner, lunch on-the-go, or as a side for an outdoor potluck.
Easy Chopped Mediterranean Salad
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas - rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts - roughly chopped
- 2 large English cucumbers - chopped
- 1/2 small red onion - diced
- 1 red bell pepper - seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper - seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper - seeded and diced
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes - halved
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 4 ounces feta - cubed
- 1 cup pepperoncini - chopped
- 1 large avocado - chopped
- Combine all ingredients for the salad (except for the avocado) in a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Prepare the vinaigrette- in a small bowl whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette until fully combined.
- When ready to serve, add the avocado to the salad and drizzle with fresh herb vinaigrette. Gently toss to combine.