This Espresso Overnight Oats recipe is the ultimate breakfast for any coffee lover (whether or not you’re a morning person). Far more exciting than your regular bowl of oatmeal, this rich and fruity breakfast recipe is too quick, easy, and too delicious to pass up.
Espresso Overnight Oats Recipe
Busy moms and early-rising commuters looking to save time in your morning routine – have you considered combining your breakfast with your morning cup of coffee? These delicious espresso coffee overnight oats are packed with all the health benefits from fresh fruits, nuts, and seeds, but offer a rich coffee flavor that’s still on the sweeter side. They’re also customizable–you can use steel cut oats, quick oats, or old-fashioned oats, and you can even add cacao powder, protein powder, or chocolate chunks for an extra boost. The delicious creamy taste of overnight oats paired with that cold shot of espresso first thing in the morning is unmatched.
How to Make Espresso Overnight Oats
Add the oats, chia seeds, coffee (or espresso with milk), milk, yogurt, almonds, and almond butter to a Mason jar (or another airtight container with a tight fitting lid). Shake and mix until everything is completely combined. Store your oat mixture in the fridge for at least four hours (overnight works best).
When you’re ready to enjoy your oats, add honey, additional slivered almonds, and sliced fresh fruit. You can eat right out of the jar (quick and mess-free!) or enjoy the oats in a bowl, cold or warmed.
How to Serve
Serve these overnight oats immediately, cold or warmed. They’re the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack. They pair deliciously with additional fruit, a pastry, or a flavored latte if you’re looking for additional caffeine.
Storage and Freezing
Overnight oats should last in your fridge in their sealed container for up to five days. You can also freeze them for up to six months and thaw them when you’re ready to enjoy (although be advised that their consistency may change).
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes:
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Casserole
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Crustless Quiche
If you try making this Espresso Overnight Oats Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
Espresso Overnight Oats
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup coffee - or 1 shot espresso filled with milk to equal 1/2 cup
- ½ cup milk - cow, soy, almond
- ½ cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1.5 teaspoon honey
- Banana and Raspberries - for topping
- In a large mason jar or container with a tight fitting lid, mix together oats, chia seeds, coffee (or espresso with milk), milk, yogurt, almonds and almond butter. Shake and mix until completely combined. Store mixed oats for at least 4 hours to overnight (overnight works best).
- When ready to eat top with honey, additional slivered almonds, and sliced fresh fruit. Eat right out of the jar or serve in a bowl.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Reply