Frozen Peach Wine Slushies are made with just two simple ingredients – peaches and wine – for a blended, refreshing, and delicious summertime cocktail you’ll make over and over again. Learn how to make wine slushies below.
Cooking and drinking with wine is a favorite past time here at The Forked Spoon and include recipes such as Spiced Mulled Wine with Blackberries, Cherry Bruschetta Recipe, and Autumn Rosé Sangria with Apples and Pomegranates.
INGREDIENTS IN THIS FROZEN WINE SLUSHIE RECIPE
wait for it, wait for it…
- Frozen peaches
That is literally it, my friends. I mean, this may be the most simple recipe on the face of this planet. You’re essentially making a wine smoothie with just two ingredients. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m pretty good at making smoothies with way more than two ingredients, so this is a piece of cake.
BEST WINE TO USE IN PEACH WINE SLUSHIES
My first rule of thumb when picking out a wine to use in any kind of mixed drink or cocktail is to choose something that I know I like. In other words, would I drink it chilled and straight from the bottle? If yes, then the chances are pretty good that it will be a good choice for the drink I am preparing.
For these particular wine slushies, however, I recommend a white that is neither too dry or too sweet. Keep in mind, however, that this is just my personal preference. I doubt that there is a wrong white wine to use in this recipe…except for maybe chardonnay. Chardonnay would probably be my last choice.
As for me, I used a light and somewhat fruity Pinot Grigio. The second choice would have been Sauvignon Blanc. And, of course, for those days when I really want something a little sweeter, a sweet Reisling or Moscato would be perfect.
- Less sweet- Pinot Grigio or Cabernet Sauvignon
- More Sweet- Reisling or Moscato
HOW TO MAKE WINE SLUSHIES
Depending on how much time you have, or how much time you want to put into making your wine slushies, will determine how simple or complex you want to make your recipe (not that it’s humanly possible to make this complex…)
- You need frozen peaches. How you obtain these frozen peaches is entirely up to you- will you buy pre-frozen peaches? or slice and freeze your own? It really doesn’t matter, just get some peaches.
- You need a bottle of wine.
- Optional! freeze half the bottle of wine in an ice cube tray overnight.
- But, let’s be honest, who remembers to do this? Or, who freezes half a bottle and saves the rest of the bottle for the next day?
- Blend the frozen peaches and wine (or wine cubes) in a blender until slushed. Careful! Don’t over process.
- Want it slushier? Freeze the wine slushies, taking care to mix every 20 minutes or so until the desired slushiness is reached.
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN WINE SLUSHIES KID FRIENDLY
But what about the kiddos?
As a mom, I totally get it. You spend all this time (aka no time) making this delicious grown-up summertime drink for you and all your friends or maybe just for you…and then your kid asks, where’s mine, mom?
Ugh, the kids.
If you’re like me (a push-over mom) then you will probably have to offer your beautiful little life-sucking humans something or accept that your frozen wine slushie will be served with a side of whining.
Thankfully, THIS IS EASY!
Simply replace the wine with either apple juice or white grape juice. Kids love ’em.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Frozen Peach Wine Slushies
- 1 bottle chilled white wine - (I used a fruity Pinot Grigio)
- 6 cups frozen peaches - plus more if needed
- sliced peaches - to garnish
- Add wine and frozen peaches to the bowl of a large high-speed blender. Gradually work up the blender speed to high and blend until peaches and wine are fully pureed.
- If you prefer a thicker slushie, you may either add additional frozen peaches and blend until desired thickness is reached, OR, place blender in the freezer and allow the wine slushie to freeze, stirring every 20 minutes or so, until desired consistency is reached.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
IF YOU LOVE THIS WINE SLUSHIE RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY-