Cold, crisp, and refreshing, these Frozen Pineapple Dragon Fruit Margaritas are the perfect solution for all those hot summer days and backyard BBQs. Swap the tequila for pineapple juice to make a healthy, fruit packed smoothie loved by both kids and adults!
Is it bad that it’s only 10 am and I’m already ready for a margarita?
Just kidding…don’t answer that.
But seriously, margaritas, how awesome are they? Aside from champagne, margaritas are my current obsession. I can’t get enough of these bad boys…errr, girls? Each highly inappropriate when written out.
Anyway, you’ll love these FROZEN PINEAPPLE DRAGON FRUIT MARGARITAS.
Perfect for summertime (it’s already in the 90’s here in Sacramento!), these ice-cold tequila slushies are everything. I mean, c’mon you guys, do you see that perfection down there? Little do you know right after I took that photo I definitely started to scoop it out of the blender by the spoonful.
And into my mouth. Because really, glasses are totally over-rated.
Actually, don’t listen to me. The blade in that blender is sharp. Not to mention the danger of just eating the whole thing. I mean, you’d be ok, but you would NOT be ok the next day.
Anyway, don’t be intimidated by the dragon fruit bit of these Frozen Pineapple Dragon Fruit Margaritas.
- You can find frozen dragon fruit at many major retailers.
- It’s not like durian or jackfruit where you may or may not like it. Dragon fruit is legit.
- There’s pineapple in there, too. You know, just in case.
- And tequila.
- Oh, and it’s pink. IT’S BRIGHT PINK.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please share it using the hashtag #theforkedspoon or by tagging @theforkedspoon on INSTAGRAM! Follow The Forked Spoon on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Frozen Pineapple Dragon Fruit Margaritas
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups ice
- 12 ounces frozen dragon fruit
- 6 ounces frozen pineapple
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt to rim glasses
- pineapple wedges, dragon fruit, and lime to garnish
- Add the pineapple juice, ice, dragon fruit, and frozen pineapple to a large high-speed blender. Pulse a few times to start the blending process.
- Add the tequila, orange liqueur, and fresh lime juice to the blender and process until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add additional pineapple juice (or tequila) as needed to help move things along. I wanted my margarita to be thick and smoothie-like so it took a little patience and stopping to mix with a spatula before processing again before I got the consistency I wanted.
- Rim the desired number of glasses with sugar or salt and garnish with fresh pineapple, dragon fruit, and lime wedges, if desired.
If you love these Frozen Pineapple Dragon Fruit Margaritas, you may also enjoy-