A perfect balance between salty, sweet and spicy, these Spicy Orange Margaritas with orange liqueur are guaranteed to impress any margarita lover!
You guys probably don’t know this, but I really, seriously, LOVE a good margarita. Blended or over ice, it doesn’t matter, margaritas are one of my favorites.
It’s not shocking then that I also love tequila. This was not always the case, but enough tequila shots will turn anyone into a true connoisseur of this liquid gold.
I’m just old now and super sugary drinks aren’t my jam anymore.
So, you may be thinking, Umm, isn’t this a recipe post for a spicy orange margarita?? Aren’t margaritas sweet?
In many cases, margaritas (and many other mixed drinks) are LOADED with sugar. Sugar is what makes a drink taste good, right? Well, I guess that depends who you’re asking; but if you ask me, as long as you’re drinking good quality alcohol, you shouldn’t need to add a ton of sugar.
As an example, I made this Spicy Orange Margarita with Gran Centenario Plata Tequila and Agavero Orange Liqueur. To top it off I made my own spicy chili salt to rim each glass.
Anywho, these margs take just two minutes to prepare, will WOW any fellow tequila lover, and taste delicious!
The Agavero Orange Liqueur is a blend of 100% blue agave tequila, infused with the essence of oranges and pure agave nectar. It is a refreshing orange liqueur that is guaranteed to be the life of the party- or, at the very least, the life of your next margarita!
Besides, it’s LABOR DAY WEEKEND!
Margaritas are practically mandatory 🙂 And this Spicy Orange Margarita will be front and center at all my weekend celebrations.
Spicy Orange Margarita
FOR ONE MARGARITA
- 2 fluid ounces Gran Centenario Plata Tequila
- 2 fluid ounces Agavero Orange
- 1 fluid ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 fluid ounces fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar - optional
- 1-2 jalapeño slices
- To garnish: sliced jalapeño - orange slices, lime wedges
SPICY CHILI SALT
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- First prepare the spicy chili salt by combining the chili powder, salt and sugar in a small bowl and mixing well to combine.
- Salt the rim of desired number of glasses and fill with ice.
- Prepare each margarita by combining ingredients in a cocktail shaker (or mason jar) filled with ice. Shake until combined and cold and strain into prepared glass.
- Garnish with an orange wedge, lime wedge and additional jalapeño slice, if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
If you love these Spicy Orange Margaritas, you may also enjoy-
Cucumber Rosemary Gin and Tonic
Elderflower Grapefruit Gin and Tonics
Tony H. Quintero says
Thanks for the easy drink recipe, I just made one for the super bowl game, starting early..
Becky Winkler says
These are gorgeous! I love spicy cocktails, so I definitely need one of these!
Kim at Three Olives Branch says
I absolutely LOVE cocktails with a kick! This looks and sounds amazing, and I love the highlight of oranges!