Easy Honey Garlic Pork Chops – made with bone-in or boneless pork chops – are seared until golden then simmered in the most delicious 5-ingredient honey garlic sauce. An incredibly easy weeknight dinner recipe that takes about 15 minutes to make.
Demanding workouts and a hectic schedule have placed a lot more pressure on mealtime lately. Hour-long active cooking times and bowls full of creamy pasta are being replaced – temporarily – with more protein and faster cooking times.
These honey garlic pork chops are an awesome combination of both delicious protein and easy weeknight dinner. Seared first in a combination of olive oil and butter and finished in a simple, homemade 6-ingredient honey garlic sauce, the outside of these yummy pork chops are perfectly golden and caramelized around the edges with a tender and juicy melt-in-your-mouth inside.
Easily made with bone-in or boneless pork chops and a modified sauce to be completely gluten-free.
Serve with all of your favorite side dishes like green beans (shown here), asparagus, or chopped salad.
How to Make Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Just before cooking, season both sides of the pork chops.
- Sear each side of the pork chops (about 4-5 minutes on each side) in a combination of butter and olive oil until golden brown and cooked through (145 degrees F).
- Remove pork chops to a clean plate.
- Add more butter to the pan and scrape up any stuck-on brown bits. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the honey, ketchup, water, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk together and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the pork chops back to the skillet. Cover with sauce.
- Cooking the pork chops in a mixture of olive oil and butter adds more flavor thanks to the butter. The oil helps prevent the butter from burning.
- Pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. as registered by a digital meat thermometer.
- Do not burn the garlic. Reduce the heat as needed.
- To make the honey garlic sauce gluten-free, swap the soy sauce for gluten-free tamari and check to make sure your ketchup is gluten-free.
I hope you LOVE this easy honey garlic pork chop recipe! It’s:
Crispy on the outside
Tender on the inside
& so delicious!
Looking for more pork chop recipes? Try these reader favorites:
- Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops
- Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
- Pork Chops with Apples and Butternut Squash
- Garlic Butter Pork Chop Recipe (Ready in Just 15 Minutes!)
- Easy Pork Chops with Blueberry Apple Compote
Have you tried making this Easy Honey Garlic Pork Chop Recipe?
Tell me about it in the comments below! I always love to hear your thoughts. And tag me #theforkedspoon on Instagram if you’ve made any of my recipes, I always love to see what you’re cooking in the kitchen.
Easy Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan set over medium high heat. Add the pork chops. Sear each side until golden brown and cooked through, approximately 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
- Return the pan to medium heat. Add and melt the butter and scrape up any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Stir in the minced garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant, then add the honey, ketchup, water, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk the sauce as it comes to a simmer, about 2 minutes.
- Return the pork back to the pan, baste with the sauce and continue to cook until everything is heated through.
- Serve garnished with fresh chives, green onions, or parsley, if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)