If this salad doesn’t scream SUMMER! I don’t know what will.
Made with sweet melon, salty prosciutto, spicy arugula and creamy mozzarella, this is sure to become a summer salad favorite.
Before I get into my weekend, let me start with this beautiful salad.
You guys, this salad is legit. Every singly element is so crazy good you’ll wonder why you never thought to put melon in your salad before. If you’ve been to this blog more than once, you may have noticed my love for salads that incorporate fruit (like this Grilled Peach, Corn, Zucchini and Asparagus Summer Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette or this Wild Rice Salad with Beets, Oranges and Whipped Lemon Ricotta).
Fresh fruit in green salads are my new go-to for everything.
But melon? Melon in salad? I was skeptical. But when I stumbled upon this beautiful salad, I knew it had to be made. Like asap.
I didn’t change much from her recipe except for the addition of sweet cherry tomatoes because it was just so perfect as it was. Besides, more is not always better. However, if I were to add one more thing, perhaps I would add a grain like farro. I say this only (and ONLY!) because I love farro in green salads almost as much as I love fruit.
Anywho, my weekend. After waking up at 430am on Saturday thanks to a certain special little person I gave birth to decided he wanted to start his day before the sun, I knew it was going to be a long weekend. I mean, my early riser will wake up early, but never that early. The rest of the weekend was a constant battle between my husband and child, struggle to get my child to acknowledge I am speaking to him (forget about listening to instructions) and coffee.
Lots and lots of coffee.
And then I looked out the window last night on my way to bed and noticed the big ass FULL MOON and it all made sense. No wonder my child was being so impossible.
Serious question, though- does anyone else’s husband or children become totally and completely nuts when it’s the full moon?
- 7 oz. fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup mint leaves washed and sliced
- 1 cantaloupe seeds removed and sliced
- 1 honeydew melon seeds removed and sliced
- 8 oz mozzarella balls
- 4 oz. prosciutto torn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocado pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mint finely chopped
- 1 large shallot minced
- salt + pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Taste and make adjustments as needed (ie more honey, a splash of water, salt, etc).
- Assemble salad in a large serving bowl or smaller, individual bowls or plates.
- Drizzle a small amount of dressing over each salad and serve! This salad is best enjoyed immediately.
Recipe inspired by (with almost no edits) Lexi's Clean Kitchen