>Learn how to bake Bang Bang Cauliflower in the oven with this lightened-up recipe!
If you read my post on Saturday then you know I had big plans to do a whole lot of nothing (translation- watch as much tv as possible) this weekend while Octavian stayed at my mother-in-law’s house.
Yeah, that didn’t happen.
A little outdoor run on Saturday afternoon turned into a 3 hour trip to the river and more than just a few miles. Instead of returning home and just relaxing (since, you know, nothing was stopping me), I didn’t. I decided to clean. I told myself, just clean now, that way you won’t have to worry about it tomorrow and you can just relax. So I cleaned all three bathrooms, top to bottom. By the time I showered, prepared leftovers and sat down, it was 8pm.
Whenever Octavian stays with my mother-in-law for the night I always try to stay up as late as possible. Why? because I can. I made it to 1030pm and I was done.
Well, my plan to clean Saturday and relax Sunday didn’t happen either. Four loads of laundry, sheets, organization, deep kitchen clean, vacuuming and mopping took up a good chunk of my Sunday. But, you guys, the house is clean(ish). At least it was for about 30 seconds and it felt GOOD. And then I cooked. I just couldn’t stay away. Apparently I have a really hard time just sitting still for longer than an hour. Which makes me wonder, did Octavian pick that up from me, or did I pick it up from him? Yep, probably both.
Anyway, how was your weekend? Hopefully less cleaning and more playing 🙂
After rediscovering a big, beautiful cauliflower in my refrigerator under bags of fresh cilantro and parsley and shredded cabbage I was inspired to bread it and bake it and whip together some spicy and sweet bang bang sauce for dipping. I wouldn’t necessarily call this veggie dish healthy, but it isn’t unhealthy, either. In other words, it’s a great compromise.
Since I am completely obsessed with cauliflower, I could eat the breaded cauliflower without the sauce. At least, that was until I tried the sweet and spicy bang bang sauce that I’ve seen and heard so much about all over Pinterest lately. I tried it and there was no going back. Yep, this recipe is all about the sauce, you guys, and cauliflower is the perfect dip-n-scoop veggie.
Skinny Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower
For the Cauliflower:
For the Cauliflower:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Set up a station with 3 large bowls. In the first bowl sift together the brown rice flour and all purpose flour. In the second bowl, beat together the 3 eggs. Finally, in the last bowl add the panko bread crumbs with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Working in batches place some of the washed and still wet cauliflower in the flour bowl first. Toss to coat. Pick up the cauliflower (hands work best here) and shake off any excess flour. Gently place the coated cauliflower in the egg and toss to coat. Finally (again, hands work best), pick up the cauliflower and coat with the panko breadcrumbs.
- Place each cauliflower floret on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Repeat until all cauliflower has been coated and prepared.
- Place the prepared cauliflower in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden. Remove, flip the cauliflower and continue to bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until golden all over.
- Allow cauliflower to cool slightly before drizzling with sauce and topping with chopped green onion and cilantro, if desired.
For the Sauce:
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Season to taste and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)