Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash is cooked to perfection every single time for an easy, healthy, low-carb, and gluten-free dinner or side dish.
Easy Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash Recipe
There are a lot of varied opinions about the air fryer out there, but I personally love it! As such, I am slowly cataloging the dozens of air fryer recipes essential to my family. And spaghetti squash in the air fryer is absolutely one of them.
A big spaghetti squash fan, the air fryer does a perfect job cooking this pasta impersonator. Faster than roasting in the oven, it’s easy to prepare and clean up.
What air fryer do I use in my recipes?
I own and use the COSORI Air Fryer for almost all of the air fryer recipes I make. It works great!
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Air Fryer
Start by preheating your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Thoroughly wash the spaghetti squash and dry well. Next, cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise (stem to end, as shown in the images above). If the squash is too long to fit in your air fryer basket, trim approximately half an inch from the base and tip.
Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and pierce the skin with a fork.
Remove the air fryer basket and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly spray the squash halves with non-stick cooking spray (or brush with a thin layer of oil) and season with a little salt and black pepper.
Put the squash halves, cut-side-up, inside the air fryer basket. Cook for approximately 30 minutes or so. It’s finished cooking when it’s fork tender. Remove and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Gently scrape out the squash with a fork to remove the flesh in long strands.
How to Serve
Spaghetti squash was made famous as the ultimate low-carb, low-calorie, low-fat, pasta alternative. And in many ways, it is just that. I usually serve my spaghetti squash boats topped with shredded cheese, spaghetti sauce, marinara sauce, pesto, or alfredo sauce, and cooked chicken. Sometimes I’ll even add some cooked broccoli. On other days, I’ll serve this tender vegetable topped with a pat of butter and grated parmesan cheese. The perfect side dish or easy dinner.
- Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Cheesy Twice-Baked Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes,
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings (Super Crispy)
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
If you try making this Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- non-stick olive oil cooking spray
- salt and black pepper - to season
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub the spaghetti squash clean and dry thoroughly. Cut the squash in half lengthwise (stem to end, as shown in the images) using a sharp knife. Scoop out the seeds. Pierce the skin of the squash with a fork in a couple of places.
- Spray the inside basket of the air fryer plus the spaghetti squash with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the squash halves, cut-side-up, inside the air fryer basket. Air fry for approximately 30 minutes. You know the squash is fully cooked when it's easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove the cooked spaghetti squash from the air fryer and season with additional salt and black pepper. Optional garnishes include butter, parmesan cheese, tomato sauce, etc.
- Leftovers: Keep leftovers stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheating: You may reheat in the microwave or in the air fryer. To reheat in the air fryer, preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until reheated.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)