Air Fryer Tater Tots that are crispy, crunchy on the outside, and irresistibly soft and delicious on the inside. Ready in just 15 minutes, learn how to cook your favorite store-bought frozen tater tots in the air fryer – you’ll never cook them any other way again!
Frozen Tater Tots in the Air Fryer
The air fryer is great for many things, but cooking frozen potatoes like these frozen tater tots (or frozen French fries) has to be one of its most awesome super-powers. Tater tots are one of my personal favorites (as is this tater tot casserole) so I was thrilled to learn that I didn’t have to turn on the oven to get them nice and crispy.
How long to cook tater tots in the air fryer
It will take approximately 15 minutes. Total cooking time will vary based on the air fryer used to cook the tots and the brand of frozen tater tots being cooked.
How to Cook Tater Tots in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (preheating isn’t required, but it’s recommended for extra crispy tots).
- Spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray and then add the frozen tater tots in a single later (if a few are overlapping a bit that’s ok). Lightly spray the tater tots with olive oil spray.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Every 5 minutes remove the basket and flip the tots for even cooking. Add additional cooking time, if needed.
- Best enjoyed immediately.
Storage and Reheating
Tater tots are always best enjoyed immediately. Any leftovers may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To get the crispy again, I recommend reheating them in the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through and crispy.
How to Serve
Tater tots – similar to hash browns or French fries, can be served with just about anything you’d like. Sometimes I’ll simply dip my tots in my favorite sauces like ranch dressing or honey mustard sauce, and then other times I’ll top my favorite casseroles with them (this tater tot casserole is a great example). Breakfast foods like bacon, breakfast sausage, and eggs, are classic and delicious, but they are also great with “traditional” main course entrees like steak or creamy smothered pork chops.
Have you tried making Frozen Tater Tots in the Air Fryer?
Tell me about it in the comments below! I always love to hear your thoughts. And tag me #theforkedspoon on Instagram if you’ve made any of my recipes, I always love to see what you’re cooking in the kitchen.
Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer
- olive oil cooking spray
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Spray the inside basket of the air fryer with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil cooking spray. Add the frozen tater tots to the basket and spay lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cook at 400°F for approximately 15 minutes. Gently shake the basket or slide the basket out and flip the tater tots over every 5 minutes. Add additional time if needed for crispier tots.
- Remove and enjoy immediately.
- I used the Cosori 5.8 quart XL to cook these frozen tater tots.
- If you own a smaller air fryer or you are cooking a large number of tater tots, it’s best to cook them in batches. Some overlapping in your air fryer is ok, but layers of tater tots or a big pile will result in soggy tots.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)