Yes, you can cook bacon in an air fryer! Crispy, delicious, and ready in about 10 minutes, learn how to cook your favorite bacon in your air fryer with just a few simple steps.
It’s no secret that there is more than one way to cook bacon. On the stovetop and in a skillet is the messiest whereas cooking bacon in the oven is the most time-consuming.
Air fryer bacon, on the other hand, is both fast and mess-free fixing each of these problems. Bonus, it also frees up the oven, stovetop, and your hands so that you can focus on other things.
The results are crispy, delicious, perfectly cooked slices of bacon that actually taste and feel lighter since they’re not left to cook in heavy splattering bacon grease.
How to Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer
Please note that I own the COSORI Air Fryer Max XL. Different air fryer brands may differ slightly in overall cooking time.
- Place the bacon slices in a single layer inside the air fryer basket. Depending on the type and brand of bacon being cooked, you may average anywhere from 5-8 slices of bacon per round of cooking.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees and the timer to 10 minutes (note that cooking times will vary, see notes).
- Check the bacon after about 7-8 minutes. Add additional time if necessary.
Remember that depending on the thickness of your bacon you may (or may not) need to add additional time.
How to Prevent an Air Fryer From Smoking When Cooking Bacon?
Before air frying any bacon, add 3-4 tablespoons of water to the basket drawer that the inside basket sits in. No water should come into contact with the bacon, so be sure not to add too much.
Next, after you’ve cooked the first batch of bacon, allow your air fryer to cool slightly then drain the grease from the basket and wipe it out with paper towels. You will also want to reduce the cooking time by 2-3 minutes or reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
Leftover bacon? Try adding to these delicious recipes:
- Cheesy Cauliflower Bake with Bacon
- Broccoli Salad Recipe with Bacon
- Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Skillet Chicken with Bacon, Caper and Olive Sauce
- Easy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
Looking for more air fryer recipes?
- Perfect Air Fryer Chicken Breasts (No Breading!)
- Easy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer “Fried” Chicken
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Perfect Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Have you tried making Crispy Air Fryer Bacon Recipe?
Tell me about it in the comments below! I always love to hear your thoughts. And tag me #theforkedspoon on Instagram if you’ve made any of my recipes, I always love to see what you’re cooking in the kitchen.
Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer
- 6-7 slices of bacon (see notes below)
- Place the bacon in a single, non-overlapping, layer inside the basket of your air fryer.
- Set the temperature of the air fryer to 400 degrees and the timer to 10 minutes (see notes below on different cooking times for thick-cut versus thin-cut bacon).
- Check the bacon after approximately 7-8 minutes to make sure it isn't over-cooking. Add additional time if necessary.
- Use tongs to remove the cooked bacon from the air fryer. Enjoy!
- Thinner bacon: 8-10 minutes
- Somewhere in the middle bacon: 10-12 minutes
- Thick-cut bacon: 12-14 minutes
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)