These Air Fryer Frozen French Fries are just like your favorite fast-food restaurant or drive-through with perfectly crispy outsides and soft pillowy insides. So easy to make without the hassle of leaving the house!
Crispy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Gloriously crispy golden French fries that take absolutely zero effort to prepare. They’re a real thing and they could be yours – like right now! All you need is an Air Fryer (love the Cosori Air Fryer) and a bag of frozen French fries. I know, they’re not homemade, but that’s not what this is about today. Besides, I have an entire post dedicated to making homemade Air Fryer French Fries, so check it out if that’s what you’re looking for.
For today, we’re keeping things simple, fast, and delicious. You’ll never cook frozen fries in the oven again after you’ve tried these air fryer frozen French fries!
How to Cook Frozen French Fries in an Air Fryer
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Spray the removable air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Add the frozen fries in an even layer- it’s ok if they’re overlapping. Lightly spray with olive oil spray.
- Cook for 10 minutes, shake the fries around, and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until crispy.
- Season with salt and black pepper, if needed.
- Although it isn’t necessary to layer the fries in a non-overlapping single layer, avoid over-filling your air fryer basket. I definitely wouldn’t cook two bags of frozen french fries at the same time (more than 1-pound). Instead, cook them in two separate batches.
- The fuller your basket the more often you’ll want to shake the fries around. This helps for more even cooking.
- There is no need to thaw your fries before cooking them in the air fryer.
- Longer cooking time will make crispier fries, so if you like super crispy fries you may need to add an extra minute or so.
How to Serve
If you ask me, fries were made to be dipped in sauce or covered in cheese. Serve these delicious fries with all of your favorite dipping sauces like ranch dressing, honey mustard sauce, Sriracha ranch, or ketchup. Smother them in hot and gooey Velveeta cheese dip or cover them with my favorite chili recipe.
Have you tried making these Frozen French Fries in the Air Fryer?
Tell me about it in the comments below! I always love to hear your thoughts. And tag me #theforkedspoon on Instagram if you’ve made any of my recipes, I always love to see what you’re cooking in the kitchen.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound frozen French fries
- olive oil spray
- salt and black pepper - if needed
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Spray the inside basket with non-stick cooking spray. Add the frozen fries to the basket in an even layer and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Cook for 10 minutes then carefully shake the fries (or use cooking tongs to flip the fries over) and continue to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Transfer fries to a plate or bowl and sprinkle with salt and black pepper, if desired. Best served immediately.
- For this recipe, I used my Cosori Air Fryer.
- Different brands and cuts (thick-cut, crinkle-cut, regular) of frozen fries may require slightly different cooking times, adjust cooking time as needed.
- Storage: Transfer leftover fries to an airtight container and keep them stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: You can easily reheat your fries in the air fryer preheated to 380 degrees F for 2-3 minutes, or until hot and crispy.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Reply