Apple Cinnamon Bread is the perfect treat to enjoy on those days when the air is crisp and the leaves are crunching beneath your feet. Bursting with all the best fall flavors from maple syrup, sweet apples, applesauce, cinnamon, and rolled oats, this quick bread recipe is perfectly moist, warm, and so delicious.
Why You’ll Love Apple Cinnamon Bread
Homemade apple cinnamon bread is easy to make and even easier to love as a delicious breakfast bread or afternoon snack. Warmed up and slathered in melted butter, it is the best thing ever with a cup of coffee. My family loves eating a generous slice of this cinnamon-spiced apple bread when dinner isn’t coming fast enough.
Pecans or walnuts, when added to this already great recipe, give the most satisfying, nutty crunch to complement the sweet crumble topping. You can make a giant loaf in one pan or make mini loaves to give away as gifts.
To make this bread vegan, substitute the egg with your favorite egg replacement and use plant-based yogurt.
How to replace eggs with arrowroot powder
Arrowroot powder acts as a thickening agent and a binder in baked goods. To replace one egg, stir 2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder with 3 tablespoons of water.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Bread
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a large 9-by-5-inch loaf pan or three mini loaf pans.
In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, yogurt, apple sauce, oil, egg (or egg replacement), and rolled oats. Set aside and let the mixture sit for ten minutes to soften the oats. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
When the oats have softened, gently fold all ingredients together without over-mixing. Add the chopped apples and optional nuts before spooning the mixture into the loaf pan or pans.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Storing and Freezing Leftover Bread
Storage: Wrap leftover bread in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and transfer to the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freezing: To freeze the apple cinnamon bread, allow the loaf or mini loaves to cool completely before wrapping in plastic and transferring to a large ziplock bag. Enjoy within 1-2 months.
More Delicious Quick Bread Recipes
- Banana Bread Recipe: How to Make Banana Bread
- Cheesy Zucchini Bread (Quick Bread)
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
If you try making this Apple Cinnamon Bread, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to read your thoughts and feedback!
Apple Cinnamon Bread
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup yogurt of choice - I used plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup applesauce - (I used my homemade cinnamon applesauce)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large apples - peeled, cored and chopped into bite size pieces
- ¾ cup chopped pecans or walnuts - optional
- 2 tablespoon approx. rolled oats for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan or three smaller 3 1/10″ L x 1 1/5″ W x 1 2/5″ H loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, yogurt, apple sauce, oil, egg. Add the rolled oats and let it sit for ten minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- After the rolled oats have sat in the wet mixture for at least ten minutes, mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in the apples and pecans, being careful not to over-mix.
- Slowly spoon mixture into your prepared loaf pans and sprinkle with rolled oats.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Reply