This easy plant-based Chickpea Wrap is made with fresh and flavorful ingredients, like celery, raisins, and dried cranberries, in a creamy citrus tahini dressing. Healthy and delicious, vegan, and ready in less than 15 minutes.
Chickpea Wrap Recipe
This is probably my favorite wrap recipe. With its perfect blend of crunch, texture, color, and flavor, it really has the perfect marriage of ingredients. The homemade tahini dressing balances it all together beautifully and elevates them to another level of wholesome deliciousness.
If you can’t make fresh homemade naan or order some from your local Indian restaurant, there are great options available online or at the supermarket. You can also enjoy the chickpea salad mixture on whole wheat bread or over a bed of greens with sliced avocado.
With this easy vegan-friendly recipe, the possibilities are endless!
How to Make a Chickpea Wrap
In a large bowl, mix the chickpeas, celery, red onion, almonds, raisins, cranberries, and parsley. In a separate bowl, mix the tahini sauce ingredients and adjust the consistency and seasonings as needed. Add the sauce to the salad mixture and stir until coated. Serve a generous scoop in a pita or warm naan topped with greens.
Storage and Leftovers
Keep leftover salad stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. When reserving leftovers, you may want to drizzle with additional citrus tahini dressing or squeeze a little fresh orange juice over the top.
Keep any leftover citrus tahini dressing stored in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Shake or stir before serving.
More Delicious Vegetarian Recipes
- Vegetarian Enchiladas
- Vegetarian Lentil Stew with Butternut Squash and Chipotle Peppers (Easy One-Pot Recipe)
- Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan
- Lentil Sloppy Joes – Vegetarian Sloppy Joe Recipe
- Vegetarian Butternut Squash Chili
If you try making this Chickpea Wrap Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
- In a large bowl mix together the chickpeas with the celery, red onion, slivered almonds, raisins, dried cranberries and fresh parsley. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, stir together the ingredients for the tahini sauce. If sauce is too thick, slowly add water (or more fresh orange juice) 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Combine the sauce with the salad mixture and gently stir to coat.
- Serve a big scoop in pita or warm naan and top with fresh greens of your choice.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)