The absolute BEST potato recipe in the creation of all potato recipes, these Crispy Herb and Butter Oven Roasted Potatoes, made with Yukon Gold potatoes, fresh herbs, Asiago cheese, and butter, will be the most impressive dish on the table.
I had volunteered to make a potato dish for Christmas. This made absolutely no sense since potatoes are usually one of my least favorite things on the table. However, in my mind, I must have thought that maybe if I make them a bit more out of the ordinary, I’ll like them better.
You guys, I liked them better.
A whole lot better.
In fact, the whole family loved these beautiful, buttery, thinly sliced potatoes that were perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside that I was left without any leftovers. Usually, I’m pretty cool with that. However, in the case of these butter roasted potatoes, I wanted all the leftovers.
So, if you have no idea what to contribute to the next holiday party, OMG MAKE THESE!
Anyway, what else? Oh yes. I got home late last night from Tahiti. California has welcomed me with cold weather and rain. In fact, lots of rain which is highly unusual. I’m already planning our next adventure, but my husband has told me I have to wait one month before we have the travel talk. I guess I am that intense about it. In the meantime, I’ll be sorting through the THOUSANDS of pictures taken over the last month, get new posts up, and definitely not eat these potatoes since I’m currently on a “diet”.
aka not these potatoes or multiple desserts before bedtime.
Man, traveling is way more fun!
If you try making these Oven Roasted Potatoes, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to read your thoughts and feedback!
For more side dish recipes check out,
- Cheesy Baked Asparagus Gratin Recipe
- Honey Glazed Carrots with Ginger
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Garlic
- Healthy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Oven Roasted Green Beans with Almonds
For more potato recipes check out,
- Healthy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato (How to Bake Sweet Potatoes)
- Leek and Potato Soup (Dairy-Free)
- Four Cheese Mashed Potatoes with Crispy Sage
- Easy Oven-Roasted Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE THIS HERB AND BUTTER OVEN ROASTED POTATO RECIPE FOR AN EASY AND FLAVORFUL DINNER OR HOLIDAY SIDE DISH.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Crispy Herb and Butter Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 7 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, thinly sliced using a mandolin
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 12 tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to thinly slice potatoes into approximately 1/8-1/4” discs.
- Transfer potatoes to the pot of boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately drain and rinse potatoes in cold water. Remove potatoes from the pot and lay them out on a large towel. Gently pat dry.
- Arrange the potato slices vertically and in rows (or in fun patterns) until the baking dish is filled completely.
- In a small bowl combine the fresh minced rosemary, thyme, sage, parsley, garlic, salt, and black pepper. In a separate microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Drizzle half the melted butter over the potatoes followed by the garlic herb mixture (to really get the herbs mixed in with the potatoes, you may need to use your fingers to carefully separate the potatoes, sprinkling the herbs trapping them in the layers). Drizzle the remaining butter over the top of the potatoes and finish to sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Transfer potatoes to the oven and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until edges are crispy and brown, rotating the pan every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.