These Deli Salad Skewers have been sponsored by Safeway. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Yummy Deli Salad Skewers with apples, sliced turkey, tomatoes, lettuce, bell pepper, and cheese. Served with tasty 2-ingredient basil mayonnaise, these yummy salad skewers make a perfect party appetizer or snack for any occasion.
Deli Salad Skewers
These delicious little salad skewers are just as fun to make as they are to eat!
Inspired by spring and new Boar’s Head BOLD PitCraft™ Slow Smoked Turkey Breast, each skewer comes with cherry tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, sliced turkey, bell pepper, cheese, and sweet JazzTM Apples. With everything available at your local Safeway store, it’s easy to enjoy your own deli skewers for lunch, snack time, or as an easy anytime appetizer.
Serve them drizzled with your favorite salad dressing or vinaigrette or try my simple 2-ingredient basil mayo dipping sauce. SO fresh and delicious (perfect for sandwiches, too!)
- Boar’s Head BOLD PitCraft™ Slow Smoked Turkey Breast – coated with a delicious dry rub consisting of paprika, brown sugar, and Mexican chilies, including Guajillo Peppers (it is not spicy) and slow-roasted for real BBQ pit flavor. As always, you can trust that this Boar’s Head product contains no added MSG, no fillers or by-products, no trans fat, and that it is gluten-free and free of artificial colors and flavors.
- Cherry tomatoes – O Organics cherry tomatoes are a must on my salad skewers. They’re sweet, juicy, and make really strong end pieces.
- JazzTM Apples – I love enjoying Jazz apples as a snack, mixed in salads, or even cooked along with pork and chicken. Originally developed in New Zealand two decades ago, these apples are now grown in WA state and all over the globe. They offer a delicious balance of tangy and sweet with a delightful crunch. Packed with tummy-loving fiber, they also rank low on the glycemic index.
- Iceberg lettuce – Iceberg lettuce works really well with these deli skewers because the flavor is so mild. If you prefer a more flavorful green, try adding spinach, kale, or your favorite spring mix.
- Bell peppers – I love bell peppers and I almost always add them to my salads (and sandwiches). Any color bell pepper would work – green, red, yellow, or orange – so pick your favorite! If you’re not a fan, swap with cucumbers.
- Cheese – If you love cheese, then cheese is a must! Pick your favorite kind or choose based on the crowd you will be serving. My son loves cheddar and Colby Jack cheese, so that’s what you see here. Next time I’ll probably switch it up with feta cheese or mozzarella pearls.
You can find all of these ingredients (and everything in the box pictured above) at your local Safeway Store. Shop in-store or online, for pick-up or delivery!
How to Make Deli Salad Skewers
- Prepare the basil mayonnaise in a small food processor or blender. You may make this ahead of time, but be sure to keep it stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Get the remaining ingredients washed, chopped, and ready to go. Remember to drizzle the apple cubes with a little bit of lemon juice to help prevent them from browning.
- To assemble, start with a sturdy ingredient. I started with a cherry tomato, but a cube of cheese or apple would have also worked. From there, carefully thread the remaining ingredients onto your skewer.
- Repeat until you have run out of space on your skewer.
- Serve with homemade basil mayo or another favorite dipping sauce.
Looking for more easy and delicious snack recipes? Try these reader favorites:
- Phyllo Cups with Hummus
- Honey Goat Cheese Crostini Recipe with Walnuts
- Cherry Bruschetta Recipe
- Easy Naturally Sweetened Oat Granola
- Healthy On-the-Go Meal Prep Snack Ideas
Have you tried making these Deli Salad Skewers?
Tell me about it in the comments below! I always love to hear your thoughts. And tag me @theforkedspoon on Instagram if you’ve made any of my recipes, I always love to see what you’re cooking in the kitchen.
Deli Salad Skewers with 2-Ingredient Basil Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup fresh basil (packed)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (outer leaves discarded)
- 2 JazzTM Apples (chopped into small cubes)
- 1 large lemon (juiced)
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound Boar’s Head BOLD PitCraft™ Slow Smoked Turkey Breast (sliced)
- 2 bell peppers (seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 16 oz cheddar or Colby Jack cheese (cut into small cubes)
- In a small food processor or blender, process the mayonnaise and basil until smooth. Add additional basil, to taste, and season with fresh black pepper, if desired. Set aside while you prepare the skewers.
- Prepare the ingredients. For the iceberg lettuce, remove the outer layers of lettuce and discard. Cut the head of lettuce into quarters, then slices about 1½-inches thick. Finally, chop each slice into small bite-size chunks.
- Chop the apples into small cubes. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with the juice from one large lemon. Gently toss to coat.
- To assemble, thread one tomato, lettuce, one slice of Boar’s Head BOLD PitCraft™ Slow Smoked Turkey Breast, bell pepper, a cube of cheese, and apple onto the skewer. Repeat until you run out of room.
- Serve with your homemade basil mayonnaise or other favorite salad dressing.
- Black olives
- Spring mix lettuce
- Feta cheese
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)