Learn how to make this Ramen Noodle Salad which is both crunchy and Asian inspired.
I love the holidays and all the terrific holiday food, but my body… not so much. This entire week I’ve felt tired and sluggish and in serious need of a reboot. In other words, my body needed a break from all the crap (there! I said it).
Despite my best efforts, even the healthiest of holiday comfort foods are still heavy when compared to a great big salad (ok, it’s true, this may depend on the salad).
So I did what I needed to do- I made a great, big, totally awesome salad for dinner. A bright, colorful, crunchy, happy salad!
And it was a total winner.
So many veggies, where do I start- cabbage, sugar snap peas, carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, fresh green onion…aaaand that’s not all. I snuck in some Mandarin oranges, sliced almonds and even crumbled crunchy (plain) ramen noodles over the top. Let’s be honest, aside from the chopping, it doesn’t get any easier than this. The ginger honey dressing is just as easy to prepare and the perfect compliment to all this crunchy goodness.
My advice- prepare extra salad and salad dressing and store it in an air tight container (separately) in the refrigerator. Eat leftovers the next day for lunch or for dinner the next night 🙂
Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad
- 10 ounces shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 12 ounces fresh sugar snap peas (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 4 carrots (julienned)
- 1 large cucumber (chipped)
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 11 ounces canned Mandarin oranges (juice drained)
- 1/2 cup almonds (thinly sliced)
- 6 oz ramen noodles (seasoning packet discarded (I love Koyo ramen noodles))
- White and black sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Prepare the dressing- place all the ingredients for the dressing in a medium mason jar or container with an airtight lid. Seal jar with fitted lid and shake until all ingredients are fully combined. Taste and make adjustments as needed. Set aside or place in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- Gently toss all ingredients for the salad in a large salad bowl. Add the dressing to the salad and toss again, or distribute salad to individual serving bowls and drizzle the dressing over each individual bowl (if you think you will have leftovers).
- Sprinkle with white and black sesame seeds, if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)