Quick, easy and incredibly healthy, this delicious Shrimp and Fish Stew takes little more than 30 minutes to cook together and pairs perfectly with a thick piece of fresh bread.
I have less than 48 hours left in the amazing country of New Zealand and I am quietly crying inside.
- How did the time go by so fast?
- There is still so much I need (want) to see!
- I’m officially obsessed with this gorgeous green and beautiful island.
- Can someone please hire me and my husband so we can move here 🙂 but seriously.
New Zealand- you have been a dream. I love you.
Unfortunately, my attempts at convincing the husband to forget reality (jobs, rent, insurance) aren’t working so we have to move on to our final stop before we head home… Tahiti.
OK, I know, I know. Hard life. A complete vacation from a vacation and I am annoyingly spoiled. But now that I’ve traveled again since the birth of my child, it’s hard not knowing when I’ll travel again.
Travel is life. If you have never traveled, I dare you to get out and go. Challenge yourself.
Anyway, I’m not here to lecture you on the benefits of travel. Today I have this amazing fish stew for you, instead (i’m saving the travel lecture for another day).
Filled with delicious chunks of fish and fresh shrimp, this stew is healthy and EASY! The perfect 30-minute dinner for any night of the week.
If you try making this Fish Stew, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
For more fish and seafood recipes check out,
- Cioppino Recipe
- Mediterranean Baked Fish with Artichokes and Olives
- Thai Fish Curry
- Teriyaki Salmon Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Vietnamese Garlic Prawn Noodle Salad
- Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry
- Jambalaya Recipe (How to Make Jambalaya)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE THIS EASY AND DELICIOUS SHRIMP AND FISH STEW TO SERVE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK AND WITH ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Quick and Easy 30 Minute Fish Stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion - minced
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes with juices
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley - chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2-4 cups water
- 2 pounds sustainably caught firm white fish such as cod, red snapper, or halibut - cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen shrimp
- salt and black pepper - to taste
- store-bought or homemade croutons - optional
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add olive and diced onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the crushed tomatoes with their juices to the pot and stir well to combine with the onions. Once heated through, whisk in the tomato paste and add the fresh parsley, Italian seasoning, cherry tomatoes, and clam juice. Bring to a low boil.
- Add the dry white wine and stir to combine. If the stew is too thick, add 2-4 cups water, or the desired amount of water to reach the desired brothy-ness. Return to a low boil.
- Add the fish and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the shrimp to the pot, simmering for an additional 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with your favorite store-bought or homemade croutons, if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)