Easy Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe is packed with fat juicy shrimp, fresh asparagus, bowl-licking lemon stir-fry sauce. Ready and on your table in less than 30 minutes, this delicious and EASY SHRIMP DINNER is guaranteed to be your new go-to meal for busy weeknights
Shrimp is one of my favorite sources of protein. As a result, I’ve added several delicious and easy shrimp dinners here on TFS including, Easy 30 Minute Shrimp and Fish Stew, Shrimp Tostadas with Strawberry Salsa, and Peach and Kohlrabi Summer Salad with Chipotle Shrimp.
I am a big fan of easy dinners over here. On the days when I’m not cooking and shooting and our refrigerator isn’t filled with leftovers, the very last thing I want to think about is what to make for dinner. And on those days when Octavian (or just my life) is being particularly annoying, there is no way I would get us fed without my arsenal of easy dinner recipes.
This shrimp and asparagus stir fry is a recently added favorite.
INGREDIENTS IN THIS EASY SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS STIR FRY
Let’s start with the sauce. These ingredients are so super basic and easy to find. You can literally get them in any market.
- Chicken broth, vegetable broth, water…something liquid (preferably not alcohol)
- soy sauce
- lemon juice and lemon zest
- black pepper
The main ingredients.
- lemon pepper
- fresh ginger
- fresh garlic
- red chili flakes
This Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry takes just a few minutes to prepare and Octavian loves the shrimp. If you’re in a huge rush (or just super distracted) you can even buy frozen microwavable rice from the market
…you’re welcome 🙂
HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN THIS EASY SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS STIR FRY?
This recipe makes approximately four servings. Each serving has approximately 281 calories.
Now, I don’t know how many calories you typically eat for dinner, but I definitely eat much more than that, so you can imagine all the justifications swirling around in my head thanks to eating a healthy meal like this Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry-
- Let’s have seconds! (or thirds)
- Sure I’ll have a second glass of wine…
- Ice cream? duh!
Because obviously, I am killing this whole diet food thing.
Totally kidding, you guys! This is not diet food. Or maybe, for a few of you, it is.
Whatever this Easy Shrimp Dinner looks like for you and your family, it is healthy.
- There’s protein (shrimp)
- Veggies (so much asparagus!)
- Low sugar. No really, this whole thing has just one tablespoon.
- Low fat (thank you shrimp…again)
- Carbs are optional
The only negative, if I had to pick one is that shellfish are high in cholesterol. But as long as you avoid eating loads of shrimp every single day, you’ll be just fine.
Have I mentioned yet that each serving has only 281 calories? Oh yes, I did…
IF YOU LOVE THIS EASY SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS STIR FRY, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY,
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
EASY SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS STIR FRY
FOR THE SAUCE
FOR THE SHRIMP ASPARAGUS
- 1 pound large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 2 pounds asparagus (ends trimmed and each stalk chopped into 1-2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the lemon sauce and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan. Add shrimp in a single layer to the skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side before removing from the skillet and transferring to a clean plate. Shrimp should be pink on both sides, but slightly undercooked.
- In the same skillet add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add the asparagus and gently toss to coat in oil. Sauté the asparagus until tender, but still crispy. It should be a bright green and browned in some places. Sprinkle asparagus with salt and lemon pepper (if desired). Reduce heat to medium and add the ginger and garlic; stir to combine with the asparagus. Cook for an additional 1 minute, stirring constantly to prevent the ginger and garlic from burning.
- Carefully pour the lemon sauce to the skillet with the asparagus and stir to combine. Allow the sauce to simmer for approximately 1 minute, or until the sauce has thickened. Add the shrimp back to the skillet and cook for an additional 1 minute, or until shrimp is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with red chili flakes if desired. Best served immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
The text in this post was updated on 05.05.2018