Learn how to make Mediterranean Chicken Wraps easily with this simple and tasty recipe!
I returned Sunday night from a fun-filled weekend celebrating love and getting older.
I officially entered a new decade (not as scary as I anticipated, although I do miss my 20’s) and with a handful of her closest friends, I celebrated my beautiful older sister and her final weeks as an unmarried lady.
The weekend was fun. The most FUN I’ve had in a long time. I haven’t laughed so much, in such a short time, since college. And not little laughs either, full-on belly laughs. I managed to keep up with the big kids (for the most part) and ended each night with cake.
Does it get any better? No, no it doesn’t.
Unfortunately, I brought home with me the worst neck and shoulder ache I have ever had. You guys, this is not your average neck ache (I get those all the time). This is something on a whole different level. Finally yesterday morning, after waking throughout the night unable to move my head without excruciating pain, I made an appointment with the doctor.
Now, usually I can wait for things like this to resolve on their own, but not this time. I couldn’t move my head at all and I was on the brink of tears all day for almost two days straight.
Well, no serious damage was found (thank goodness), just severe muscle tightness pretty much everywhere and muscle spasms in my neck, shoulders and arms. Driving is horrible, sitting hurts, typing is awful, and pretty much everything I do sucks.
As a result, I needed dinner to be easy and healthy (since I literally ate a cake this weekend). These Mediterranean Chicken Wrap Tacos are just the thing for those kinds of nights. Rotisserie chicken (so good), store bought hummus (although feel free to make your own) and fresh crisp veggies make this the perfect summer dinner. The hardest part is getting a chicken before they sell out (or am I the only one with this problem?) Kiddos love them too; however, if your child is like mine, he will leave off all the veggies and eat the entire can of olives 🙂
Easy Mediterranean Chicken Wraps
- 2 chicken breasts - cooked and sliced (store-bought rotisserie is my go-to for this recipe)
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 small red onion - chopped
- 1 large cucumber - peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup jarred pepperoncini - drained of excess liquid
- 1 can black olives - roughly chopped
- 1 jar artichoke hearts - drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup feta cheese - crumbled
- 1 cup Hummus - go with your fav!
- 6 Fresh pita or flatbread
- In a large bowl combine halved tomatoes, chopped red onion, diced cucumber, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Toss gently to coat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm your fresh pita or flatbread in the oven or stovetop.
- Lay out each pita and spread with a generous spoonful of hummus. Top with sliced chicken, lettuce, tomato salad, pepperoncinis, olives, artichoke hearts and feta. Fold and eat like a taco, roll like a wrap, or eat with a fork and knife.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)