Dinnertime will be a breeze thanks to this healthy, delicious, and SUPER EASY Herb Grapefruit Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Vegetables.
Every single part of this amazing chicken dinner is guaranteed to make it part of your regular dinner rotation plan.
Which actually gets me thinking- who out there has something like that? I often wonder if I would have favorite meals on rotation if I wasn’t a food blogger. You know, a list of my family’s top 10 favorite dinners. I’m pretty sure that’s what my parents did.
Anyway, here’s why this Herb Grapefruit Sheet Pan Chicken is the absolute best-
- I’ve officially decided that one of the most delicious flavor combinations includes some kind of citrus, fresh herbs, and honey.
- You need just one baking pan (maybe two), a medium bowl, and a zip-lock bag. This keeps clean up easy and stress-free.
- The flavor is BOLD, yet mellow enough for all ages. Translation- no crazy spices so the kids will (maybe) eat it.
- So many vegetables.
- Easy enough to prep ahead of time.
- The leftovers (if there are any).
I mean, I think we can all agree that Sheet Pan dinners are just better overall-
and this Herb Grapefruit Sheet Pan Chicken is definitely no exception. After all, the last thing I want to do after a long day is find myself cooking a complicated dinner and scrubbing dishes.
At least until Octavian is old enough to do the dishes himself…
Anyway, sheet pan dinners are pretty awesome and are becoming more and more popular in my house as I discover how much one can do with just a couple baking sheets. My favorite baking sheets are these rimmed baking sheets since they keep any mess contained within the pan, but any baking pans will do.
As for the chicken, it’s the juiciest, dreamiest, most delicious chicken you may ever eat. And I say this seriously since I KNOW that the worst thing is dry chicken.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please share it using the hashtag #theforkedspoon or by tagging @theforkedspoon on INSTAGRAM! Follow The Forked Spoon on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Herb Grapefruit Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
For the Marinade/Sauce
For the Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 chicken breasts, equal sized
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound petit carrots
- 6 small purple or yellow potatoes, halved
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1 large grapefruit, sliced
- Fresh chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet or tray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the lime juice, grapefruit juice, honey, olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, and black pepper. Stir in the fresh cilantro, parsley, and rosemary, and set aside.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a large zip-lock bag. Add HALF the marinade to the chicken, seal the bag, and set aside in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight. Reserve the remaining marinade for later.
- When ready to cook, transfer vegetables to the prepared baking sheet(s) and drizzle with olive oil. Gently toss to coat. Create room in the middle of the baking sheet for the chicken breasts. Transfer the chicken breasts to the baking sheet and drizzle leftover marinade in the zip-lock bag over the chicken and vegetables. Place the sliced grapefruit slices over the chicken.
- Transfer baking sheets to the oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, switching baking trays to corresponding baking rack once during cooking time. Remove from oven once chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove baking trays from the oven and drizzle with remaining half of the marinade. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired.