Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders are made with juicy chicken tenders coated in buttery breadcrumbs seasoned with lemon pepper seasoning, lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian herbs. A quick, easy, and delicious weeknight dinner enjoyed by the whole family.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders Recipe
These awesome lemon pepper chicken tenders take any weeknight meal to the next level. All you need to do is coat your chicken tenders in the most amazing lemon butter and herb breadcrumb mixture and pop them in the oven. Versatile and flavor-packed, this easy chicken recipe works with all of your favorite condiments and side dishes and can be reheated and enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F.
To a large shallow bowl, add the Panko breadcrumbs, lemon zest, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, freshly ground black pepper, onion powder, dried oregano, dried parsley, and red chili flakes. Mix everything together and set the bowl aside.
Next, in a separate small bowl, mix together ¾ cup of melted butter and six tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
Take three pounds of boneless, skinless chicken tenders and coat each tender entirely in the butter and lemon juice mixture, followed by the breadcrumb and seasoning mixture. Transfer all of the chicken pieces to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes (until golden brown). Remove the cooked chicken from the oven and enjoy!
Storage and Freezing
These lemon pepper chicken tenders should last about 3-4 days in the fridge in an airtight container and can be easily reheated in the microwave or on the stove with olive oil. You can also freeze them–chicken strips last a long time in the freezer, so you’ll be able to enjoy them for the next six months.
How to Serve
You can serve these chicken tenders right away while they’re hot or reheat them to enjoy later. They’re delicious with side dishes like roasted veggies (i.e. green beans, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, potatoes), mashed potatoes, rice, or even cut up on top of a salad. Try them with hot sauce for an extra kick!
More Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Fricassee
- Chicken Florentine
- Creamy Bacon Chicken
- Creamy Coconut Chicken (One-Skillet)
- Creamy Chicken and Tomato Potato Gnocchi
If you try making this Lemon Pepper Chicken Tender Recipe, please leave me a comment below! I always love to read your thoughts and feedback!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- ¾ cup butter - melted
- 6 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest - packed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper, onion powder, dried oregano and parsley and the red chili flakes. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the melted butter and lemon juice.
- Carefully dip chicken tenders into the butter mixture and then coat entire surface with breadcrumbs. Repeat with each chicken tender.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)