Fresh, fruity, and healthy, this MANGO AVOCADO SALAD comes packed with crunchy greens, protein-packed chickpeas, and a creamy herbed yogurt dressing for the best 15-minute dinner ever.
Fresh and easy avocado salad. Can you think of anything better?
The answer is no. There is nothing in this world better than a big bowl of fresh avocado salad. At least at this very moment. In a few hours, the correct answer will probably be chocolate cake.
BUT! for now, the correct answer is THIS avocado salad with chickpeas and hardboiled eggs (yaaaas protein!), sweet cherry tomatoes, and creamy herb-ey yogurt dressing.
Now, before you turn up your nose and say something like ohmygod a mango on a salad!? Let me just ask all you haters out there if you’ve ever tried it before?
For those that said yes, but still hate it, weeeelllll, we’re just going to have to work on that.
BUT! For those of you that said no…
…why are you still here?!
What are you waiting for?
JK! There’s no rush. You can stay for as long as you want.
But don’t mind me, I’ll be eating this awesome avocado salad filled with juicy chunks of mango 🙂
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please share it using the hashtag #theforkedspoon or by tagging @theforkedspoon on INSTAGRAM! Follow The Forked Spoon on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Mango Avocado Salad with Creamy Herb Yogurt Dressing
- 6 ounces baby kale - or other green
- 1 small English cucumber - sliced
- 1 large carrot - thinly sliced
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 cup green onions - chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs - peeled and sliced
- 1 can chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 2 large mango - peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 large avocado - peeled and sliced
- Sliced lemon - for serving
- Sesame seeds - for topping
FOR THE CREAMY YOGURT DRESSING
- 1.5 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic - minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley - minced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- salt + pepper - to taste
- In a large salad bowl combine all the ingredients for the salad EXCEPT for the mango and avocado. Gently toss to combine.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine all ingredients for the creamy yogurt dressing. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, or lemon juice, as needed.
- When ready to serve, peel and chop the avocado and the mango and combine with the salad. Top each salad with the desired amount of yogurt dressing, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and sesame seeds, if desired.
If you love this MANGO AVOCADO SALAD, you may also enjoy,