Springtime means sunshine, flowers, picnics and fresh garden-grown peas. This Spring Pea Pasta with Prosciutto and Burrata Cheese is fresh, easy, comforting and bursting with sweet peas.
When your mother-in-law brings over a big bag of fresh garden-grown peas, you make something special. No buttered peas and carrots here (although that sounds pretty amazing, too).
So, what does one make with a huge bag full of sweet peas?
So many things, you guys, so many things.
But, this time I decided to go wild and make a Spring Pea Pasta with Prosciutto and Burrata Cheese. I rarely make pasta these days because I have been all about salads and tacos and things, but these peas were screaming for some buttery noodles.
And when peas ask for butter and noodles, you oblige. Pile on some thinly sliced prosciutto, creamy, delicious, amazing burrata cheese and lots of fresh herbs and, well, those peas?
Those are some happy peas.
But this Spring Pea Pasta isn’t only about the peas.
It’s about sooo much more than that. I mean, do you see? DO YOU SEE THOSE GLOBS OF CHEESE!?
Those bloobity blobs? That’s burrata cheese and it’s life. LIFE!
And by that I mean that it’s whole milk mozzarella cheese filled with cream. I have no idea how they do it but they do it goooood.
So there’s the sweet, the creamy globs, some herbs, but I needed something else…
Oh yes, the SALT! Salty, perfect, prosciutto.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please share it using the hashtag #theforkedspoon or by tagging @theforkedspoon on INSTAGRAM! Follow The Forked Spoon on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Spring Pea Pasta with Prosciutto and Burrata CheesePrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti - or other favorite pasta noodle
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley - chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil - chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives - chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt + pepper - to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes - optional
- 7 tablespoons salted butter - melted
- 2 cups fresh - or frozen peas
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto - torn into smaller pieces
- 8 ounces burrata cheese - torn
- olive oil - for drizzling
Optional- poached eggs (not shown, but highly recommended), fresh arugula or sliced peaches
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- As the pasta is cooking, whisk together the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the chopped parsley, basil, chives and shredded parmesan, mixing well. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper and crushed red pepper (if desired).
- Drain the pasta and immediately add it back to the hot pot it was boiled in. Quickly mix the egg mixture in with the hot cooked noodles and toss well to coat. Carefully toss the pasta for 1-2 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked. Pour the melted butter and the peas in with the pasta noodles and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Toss to combine.
- Transfer noodles to a large serving bowl and add the prosciutto and burrata. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with additional chopped fresh parsley. If desired, top with fresh arugula, poached egg or fresh peaches.
If you love this SPRING PEA PASTA, you may also enjoy-