STRAWBERRY HONEY HIBISCUS ICED TEA is beautiful, sweet and energizing. Wildly popular thanks to unique health benefits and its appearance in Starbucks shops all over the world, this gorgeous iced tea is made with Strawberries, dried hibiscus flowers, and sweet honey, guaranteeing that you’ll be drinking this Strawberry Honey Hibiscus Iced Tea all summer long.
Strawberry Honey Hibiscus Iced Tea pairs perfectly with this Easy Chopped Mediterranean Salad and Grilled Lamb Kebab Platter with Basil Goat Cheese making your next summer picnic or family barbeque both easy and delicious.
Previously unknown to the masses, Hibiscus has started popping up all over social media feeds everywhere. I can’t be certain where this popular new “superfood” came from, but something tells me it has to do with Starbucks and their wildly popular Very Berry Hibiscus Starbucks Refreshers. I seem to recall trying this Starbucks drink once, but it was long ago so I can’t recall if this Strawberry Honey Hibiscus Iced Tea tastes anything like that of this mass coffee chain.
Whatever. Ok by me. Why? Because this Strawberry Honey Hibiscus Iced Tea is just as delicious, refreshing, and definitely doesn’t cost 5 bucks a pop.
Facts about Hibiscus.
- Hibiscus is a dried flower (aka the state flower of Hawaii).
- Hibiscus is often described as tart, tangy, and bitter. For this reason, people often balance the natural flavors of the tea with something sweet, as I did with the strawberries and honey in this Strawberry Honey Hibiscus Iced Tea.
- Thanks to its beautiful deep red color, Hibiscus is often used in cosmetics or in dyes.
Are there medicinal benefits of drinking Hibiscus Iced Tea?
Some say yes. However, please consult your doctor before using Hibiscus to treat or prevent any medical conditions.
- Helps manage blood pressure
- Lowers cholesterol
- Protects the liver
- Anti-Inflammatory and Antibacterial properties
- Weight loss
- please note- hibiscus is not recommended if nursing or pregnant
Strawberry Honey Hibiscus Iced Tea ingredients-
- Dried Hibiscus Flowers
- Fresh mint
If you’re thinking, where in the world do I buy hibiscus? I can help.
Amazon. Just like everything else in the world. But seriously, the hibiscus you see below was purchased by me off Amazon and it’s terrific.
You will also need a FINE MESH STRAINER to prepare this Strawberry Honey Hibiscus Iced Tea as well as a large GLASS PITCHER. I’m guessing you have both, but just in case, following the links to see the products I recommend (affiliate).
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please share it using the hashtag #theforkedspoon or by tagging @theforkedspoon on INSTAGRAM! Follow The Forked Spoon on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest recipes and updates.
STRAWBERRY HONEY HIBISCUS ICED TEA
- In a medium pot over high heat, add the water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the loose hibiscus leaves to the boiling water. Remove from heat.
- Add the strawberries, mint leaves, and honey to the pot. Gently mash strawberries and allow tea to steep for approximately 20 minutes.
- Pour tea through a fine mesh strainer into a glass pitcher. Transfer to the refrigerator to cool. Once cooled, fill pitcher with ice.
- For serving, fill each glass with ice, fresh chopped strawberries, mint leaves, lime, and cold Strawberry Hibiscus Honey Iced Tea. Add additional honey as needed.
If you love this STRAWBERRY HONEY HIBISCUS ICED TEA, you may also enjoy-