Crunchy, Colorful and Creamy, this Thai Cashew Coconut Cauliflower Rice Chopped Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing has all the things you could hope for in a salad, plus some!
Find the full post and recipe for Pineapple Cashew Cauliflower Rice with Coconut Milk here.
If there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s packing in as many vegetables as possible into one dish. I often start a recipe with one thing in mind, but end up with something entirely different. Part of my problem is this compulsive need to add as many vegetables as possible.
Someone once told me to shop for (and therefore eat) the rainbow. Well, I must have taken this suggestion very seriously because I actually aim to fill my cart with produce of every color whenever I go to the market.
Anywho, if you love rainbows and vegetables just as much me, then you will probably love this salad! Soft, warm, creamy and super flavorful Pineapple Cashew Cauliflower Rice mixed with fresh and crunchy chopped salad makes this bright and textured salad a lunch or dinner favorite.
But don’t forget the Ginger Peanut Dressing!
Creamy, sweet, salty, this addicting sauce is just the thing to tie it all together – I highly recommend making extra 🙂
In other news, we’re driving up to Oregon for the solar eclipse. We leave Saturday and considering the plague of people migrating to the state, we’re not prepared. Who else is going? My husband’s plan is to literally drive up some random mountain road (with me, the kid and the dog) to see the eclipse. He’s become totally obsessed over the whole thing. Me? Well, let’s just say I know my child fairly well by this point- he will definitely take the special glasses off at some point during the eclipse just to piss us off. So, I guess we know what i’ll be doing.
Aside from that I’m super excited!
Thai Cashew Coconut Cauliflower Rice Chopped Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing
For the Coconut Cauliflower Rice
For the Salad
- 3 stalks romaine lettuce (chopped)
- ½ green cabbage (shredded)
- ½ red cabbage (shredded)
- 2 cups carrots (shredded)
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 orange bell pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 large cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- 1.5 cups sugar snap peas (chopped)
- 1 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 cup cashews (chopped)
For the Cauliflower Rice - SEE NOTES
- Add the coconut oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot add the diced shallots and sauté until soft and lightly brown. Add the minced garlic and salt and stir, cooking for one minute more.
- Mix in the riced cauliflower with the shallots and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and cook for for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mix well. Continue to cook the cauliflower rice for an additional 4-5 minutes.Mix in the freshly chopped pineapple and cashews and cook to desired doneness. Set aside.
For the Ginger Peanut Dressing
- In a medium bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the peanut dressing. Taste and make adjustments as needed. Set aside.
Salad and Assembly
- Chop and prepare all ingredients for the salad. Transfer and toss together in a large salad bowl.*
- At this point you may either mix everything together- if, for example, you are feeding a large group- or, build each salad bowl individually. Unless you think you will finish everything, I recommend the latter.
- To each individual bowl add Coconut Cauliflower Rice, fresh chopped salad greens and plenty of yummy ginger peanut dressing. Garnish with additional cashews and dig in!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)