Learn how to make this easy and healthy Blueberry Breakfast Quinoa recipe.
Today I have the easiest breakfast for you guys ever. EVER.
It’s breakfast quinoa.
A super healthy and delicious way to start the day. Unlike sugary breakfast cereals, quinoa is packed full of protein, fiber and TONS of nutrients. Quinoa is naturally gluten free and has a low glycemic index, which keeps you feeling full, longer (and hopefully skipping a mid-morning sugar snack). All you have to do is take this tiny little grain, mix with your favorite milk (almond for me!), sweet juicy berries and slivered almonds, and you have yourself a complete breakfast.
When I know we’re going to have a super busy morning, or need something to grab n go, I like to mix it all together in a mason jar and take it with me.
This is also a great use of leftovers. I almost always have leftover quinoa whenever I make it for lunch or dinner. I don’t care how healthy it is, I can’t eat quinoa plain. This is a great way to use up boring, plain leftover quinoa and make it delicious again.
- 1 cup milk - cow, almond, soy
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 cup blueberries - or fruit of choice, fresh or frozen
- Ground cinnamon - just a pinch
- Sweetener of choice - honey, sugar, agave, optional
- Get ready for the easiest breakfast EVER. In a bowl mix together the milk, cinnamon, and sweetener of choice (I used honey). Gently scoop in prepared quinoa, almonds and blueberries (plus any additional fruit of choice). Enjoy hot or cold 🙂
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
Bethany @ athletic avocado says
I LOVE the idea of quinoa inlace of oats for breakfast! This breakfast quinoa looks amazing!