Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter– fun, easy, and kid-friendly, these Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter are perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even as a snack!
Golly, you guys, less than a week left in New Zealand and I’m starting to feel all the feels. Travel adventures always fly by so fast and this trip was no exception. And, despite the relentless sandflies (DEET does not work, fyi), I have already had the conversation with my husband about getting work visas and jobs in this beautiful country. And as always, he listens and we move on with our life.
This time, you guys. Well, this time is serious (in my head)
Anyway, speaking of New Zealand, they’re not big on the peanut butter. At least not like us Americans are. I mean, the big markets here have it, but it’s definitely not a mandatory food staple like it is for us (and by us I mean me).
To celebrate these American roots, I give you the best ever Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter.
Easily prepared ahead of time, pop these beauties in the refrigerator and have them set and ready to go for breakfast in the morning. Even better when you load ’em up with fresh banana and strawberries.
Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter
FOR THE OVERNIGHT OATS
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans
- 1-2 tbsp honey (or agave) - more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries - chopped
- In a large bowl or jar thoroughly combine the oats, water, yogurt, nuts, honey, lemon juice, vanilla extract and chopped strawberries. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- When ready to serve, divide between desired number of bowls (or jars) and top with sliced strawberries, banana and pitted cherries. Generously drizzle with peanut butter and sprinkle with coconut chips or cocoa nibs, if desired.