This Thai Slaw is healthy, filling, and flavorful. Packed with a variety of fresh veggies like shredded broccoli and carrots and drizzled with a tangy, savory dressing, it makes the perfect salad bowl or side dish.
This crunchy Asian slaw is one of my favorite summer salads. It’s perfect for making a big batch to enjoy for family dinner and lunch the next day. It’s an elevated version of classic coleslaw with an Asian twist and a fantastic way to foray into making Asian food at home! You can even experiment with adding a protein boost (i.e. grilled chicken, fish, or tofu). The great thing about this healthy slaw is how quick and easy it is–all the ingredients are easy to find in your pantry or at your local supermarket (and if you have a Trader Joe’s, you can pick up their pre-made Cruciferous Crunch greens mix). If you’re craving a crunchy, nutty, tangy Asian salad, this is the recipe for you.
How to Make Thai Slaw
To a large bowl, add the broccoli slaw, julienned carrots, green onions, cilantro, Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch greens (or a similar mix of greens i.e. shredded kale, cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli), and cashews and toss everything together.
Add the olive oil, ¼ cup more cashews, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, fresh ginger, and water to a blender or food processor and blend until fully combined. Add more salt, sugar, and fish sauce to taste (or adjust other ingredients per your preference).
Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss to coat, and serve!
How to Serve
Serve this Thai slaw on its own (it makes a delicious and filling healthy lunch) or as an appetizer or side dish with other Thai dishes. It pairs well with soup, curry, and noodle dishes. You can also experiment with meal-prepping this salad or adding additional protein like chicken or shrimp.
Storage and Freezing
Store leftover Thai slaw in an airtight container in the fridge (with the salad separate from the dressing). The salad should last a day or two, while the dressing stays good for up to two weeks.
More Thai-Inspired Recipes,
- Pad See Ew
- Thai Basil Chicken
- Grilled Thai Peanut Chicken
- Thai Iced Tea
- Thai Red Curry
- Thai Mango Sticky Rice Recipe (Khao Niaow Ma Muang)
If you try making this Thai Slaw Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
For the Salad:
- 1 package broccoli slaw
- 1 cup carrots - julienned
- ¼ cup green onions - chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro - chopped
- ½ package - 5 oz. Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch Collection- (if you can’t find this, it’s a mix of shredded kale, cabbage, brussel sprouts and broccoli, simply add what you prefer)
- ½ cup whole cashews - plain or these Chili and Lime Cashews from Trader Joe’s
- In a large bowl toss together all the salad ingredients. Set aside.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until fully combined. Taste and make any additions necessary- salt, sugar, or fish sauce (those are usually the 3 ingredients I find myself adding).
- Drizzle dressing over prepared salad and toss to coat.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)