Winner winner chicken dinner! These Easy Chicken Veggie Rice Bowls with Ginger Scallion Dressing are gluten-free, bursting with fresh, crunchy greens and are super tasty!
You guys, I am totally failing at the whole Meatless Monday thing.
Which makes no sense since I don’t eat a lot of meat, or meat-centered meals these days. That’s not to say I’m vegetarian. No way. However, in general, when I plan most meals I typically first think of salad, veggies, and a large bowl.
Eating on a plate just seems weird.
am I right?
I mean I can’t even remember the last time I ate my dinner off a plate. But, clearly I digress. I don’t even remember what I was first talking about.
Whatevs, it’s Monday, you guys. Ignore me.
Except for the food part.
That part is true.
As for these chicken veggie rice bowls? Easy peasy and so super easy! (especially if you already have leftover chicken) And the ginger scallion dressing? so perfect! salty, spicy, and a little sweet, it’s the perfect complement to all those fresh crunchy veggies.
Chicken Veggie Rice Bowls with Ginger Scallion Dressing
FOR THE SALAD
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 head napa cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 head purple cabbage (shredded)
- 2 bell peppers (finely chopped (I used 1 orange and 1 red))
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1/2 cup fine chopped carrots
- 1 English cucumber (sliced)
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- cilantro (Fresh chopped )
- 1 avocado (pitted and thinly sliced)
FOR THE GINGER/SCALLION DRESSING
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, carefully add the chicken breasts and return water to a boil. Cover pot with an air-tight lid and remove from heat. Allow chicken breasts to poach for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until fully cooked. Once cooked, transfer chicken to a plate to cool. Once cool enough to handle, shred chicken breasts with two forks or your fingers and set aside.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the Ginger Scallion Dressing, leaving out the scallions until the very end. Transfer approximately 1/4 of the dressing to the shredded chicken and stir to mix. Transfer remaining dressing to a jar or airtight container and set aside or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl toss together the chopped bell peppers, tomato and edamame. Set aside. Prepare the remaining ingredients- slice the cucumber, toss the steamed rice with 1-2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, finely chop the cabbage, the carrots, then cilantro and slice the avocado.
- Arrange 3-4 salad bowls with equal or desired amounts of rice, cabbage, vegetables, chicken and avocado. Drizzle with remaining ginger scallion dressing.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
If you love these Chicken Veggie Rice Bowls, you may also enjoy-