Grab a bowl because all you need is 15 minutes to put together this beautiful, fresh, and incredibly healthy Citrus Smoked Salmon Salad with Sweet Orange Mustard Vinaigrette.
Guys, the citrus available right now (at least in California) is seriously amazing. Grapefruit, blood oranges, regular oranges, so juicy and sweet they’re pretty much perfect. I love snacking on these delicious fruits throughout the day, but often forget that they taste great added and mixed in with other dishes. For example, salad. Who knew that adding all kinds of bright citrus to a fresh green salad would be so good? Ok, I had a sneaking suspicion, but I didn’t realize how well it would turn out.
In all seriousness, though, this smoked salmon salad is so super easy to make and it’s even healthier. There is NO cooking, NO need for a million pots or pans, and no guilt after.
I know, you’re welcome.
Mixed together with fresh smoked salmon, creamy ripe avocado, and refreshing cucumber, this one is a keeper (and the perfect restart salad after a month-long vacay).
Citrus Smoked Salmon Salad with Sweet Orange Mustard Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- 5 ounces fresh baby kale/mâches rosettes (combined)
- 1 large grapefruit (peeled and sliced)
- 1 blood orange (peeled and sliced)
- 1 small English cucumber (sliced)
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 6 ounces smoked salmon (torn into small pieces)
- 1 large avocado (peeled and sliced)
- fresh lemon juice
For the Salad
- Place the fresh baby kale, mâches rosettes (if available), grapefruit, blood orange, cucumber, and pistachios in a large salad bowl and gently toss to combine. Just before serving, add the smoked salmon and avocado and drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
- Drizzle salad with desired amount of vinaigrette and enjoy immediately.
For the Vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients for the vinaigrette to the bowl of a small food processor and blend until fully incorporated.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)