Ready in minutes, this loaded Herbed Goat Cheese and Avocado Sandwich is piled high with crunchy cucumber, crispy greens, and spicy red onion.
You guys. Let me tell you. New Zealand is definitely not the land of wifi and hotspots. No, just no. And, if someplace says they have free wifi, there is probably a catch. For example, only the first 15 minutes is free. After that, it will cost you an arm and a leg and your first born child to keep it going. And even then it doesn’t work. So, no. Don’t come to New Zealand and expect to tour the country with internet at your fingertips.
Anyway, what else.
Food. Let’s chat about food for a quick sec. New Zealand has some seriously incredible meat. And the meat pies? The best. If you are going to New Zealand, get the meaty pies. It doesn’t matter where you get them from- the bakery, the gas station, the market- they’re all good. And they come in all different kinds, beef and lamb being the most popular, but deer also quite abundant depending on where you are. Anyway, where they thrive in awesome meaty pies, they lack in vegetables.
To be totally honest, it’s been a week since I’ve had a healthy meal and my body is dying. It was only natural that as I was deciding which recipe to post, my brain told me to go for the one with all the greens. This avocado sandwich is so fresh and so crunchy and so healthy that I’m thinking about picking up a cooler, filling it with ice, heading to the market and making about 6 of these beautiful avocado sandwiches to feed me the next couple days.
Or, maybe, I’ll just make a salad. Either way, New Zealand is, in a word, stunning.
I will, however, be ready to dump the kid at grandma’s house for a few nights when we get back.
Bahahaha, totally not kidding.
Herbed Goat Cheese and Avocado Sandwich
- 4 slices multi-grain bread
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon whipped cream cheese
- ½ cucumber - thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion - thinly sliced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce - (or other preferred green)
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 large ripe avocado - peeled and sliced
- salt + pepper - to taste
- Lightly toast the bread in the toaster.
- In a small bowl whip together the herbed goat cheese with the whipped cream cheese. Spread the herbed goat cheese mixture evenly between two pieces of bread (depending on how much goat cheese you like, you may have some leftover).
- Start topping the sliced and chopped vegetables on top of the bread, adding as much or as little as you'd like (mine were quite loaded as you may imagine). Cover with the other slice of bread and cut in half.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
If you love this Avocado Sandwich, you may also enjoy these recipes-