If you’re craving a tasty and refreshing meal that’s impressive and easy to make, add this awesome Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad with a tangy orange and lemon citrus dressing to your menu. Packed with super nutritious veggies, fresh fruit, sliced avocado, and herbed goat cheese, this delicious combination is simply unbeatable.
Get ready to fall in love with this flavor-packed salad with dark leafy kale and cruciferous Brussels sprouts. Not a fan of kale? No worries! You can easily substitute it with chopped spinach or arugula.
You can easily make this versatile kale salad recipe your own. The tangy lemon and orange juice vinaigrette enhances the flavors of every ingredient, so it’s almost impossible to go wrong here. Don’t have pepitas on hand? No problem! Try slivered almonds, toasted walnuts, or crunchy chopped pecans as equally delightful alternatives. If you don’t like goat cheese, try herbed feta, and you will still create an unforgettable flavor experience for you and your family.
Remember to remove the thick, tough, stringy stems from the kale before adding it to the salad. This will drastically improve the taste, unlocking its full flavor potential.
How to Make Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad
To make the vinaigrette, combine all of the ingredients (except for the parsley) in a small food processor or blender. Process until fully combined. Add the parsley and pulse until finely minced. Set aside.
In a large salad bowl, toss together the chopped kale, shredded Brussels sprouts, carrot, and green onion. Pour two tablespoons of the vinaigrette onto the salad and use your hands to massage it into the greens.
Next, add the grapes, blackberries, red onion, pepitas, and dried cranberries to the same bowl. Gently toss to combine.
Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the salad and top with sliced avocado and goat cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
More Delicious Kale Recipes
- One-Pot Chicken, Kale, and Rice Soup
- Kale and Roasted Veggie Salad with Tahini Pesto
- Healthy Curried Kale and Cauliflower Turmeric Soup
- Creamy Sausage Pasta with Kale and Burrata
- BBQ Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Kale
- Sauteed Kale and Shallots with Purple Asparagus and Buttery Toasted Breadcrumbs
If you try making this Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 bunch kale - chopped with stems removed
- Shredded Brussels sprouts - approximately 3 cups
- 2.5 carrots - grated (approximately 1 cup)
- ½ cup green onions - chopped
- 1 cup red grapes - halved
- 1 cup blackberries
- ½ red onion - diced
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1-2 avocados - pit removed and slieced
- ½ cup Herbed goat cheese - crumbled
- First prepare the vinaigrette- place all ingredients for the vinaigrette (except for the parsley) in the bowl of a small food processor or blender and process until fully combined. Add the parsley to the food processor and pulse a few times, or just until the parsley is finely minced and fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the chopped kale, shredded Brussels sprouts, carrot and green onion. Pour 2 tablespoons of the prepared vinaigrette onto the salad and, using clean hands, massage the dressing into the salad (you’re basically just mixing the dressing in really well since kale is a thicker leafy green).
- Into the same bowl as the kale and Brussels sprouts add the grapes, blackberries, red onion, pepitas, and dried cranberries. Gently toss to combine.
- Drizzle each salad with remaining vinaigrette and top with sliced avocado and goat cheese, if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)