This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe is a delicious combination of easy-to-find, simple ingredients such as marinara sauce, tomatoes, pasta, cream cheese, and chicken. A meal loved by both kids and adults, this creamy chicken pasta is perfect for the busy family who loves delicious, comforting food.
I am so excited to share this comforting, delicious, and super easy, slow cooker creamy chicken pasta with you guys today. A dinner loved by my whole family, it’s indulgent without being overkill, making this the perfect pasta dish for all those creamy pasta cravings.
Inspired by my favorite pasta sauce combination- marinara and alfredo- this creamy chicken pasta swaps the heavy cream for cream cheese for an irresistibly easy meal consisting of carbs, cheese, chicken and sauce.
Can you think of anything better?
Ingredients in this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Italian seasoning
- marinara sauce
- canned diced tomatoes
- cream cheese
- parmesan cheese
How to make Creamy Chicken Pasta in the Slow Cooker
Making this creamy chicken pasta couldn’t be any easier!
- Dump and walk away. Add the diced onion, chicken tenders, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, and cream cheese to the bowl of a large slow cooker. Stir everything together, cover, and set your slow cooker to low for 5 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Boil the pasta. 20 minutes before serving, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta according to package instructions minus 2-3 minutes. Drain pasta in a colander and rinse with cool water, reserving 1 cup of salted pasta water.
- Shred the chicken. As the water comes to a boil and the pasta cooks, remove the chicken tenders from the slow cooker and shred with a fork.
- Mix everything together. Return the chicken back to the slow cooker and add the pasta and parmesan cheese. Gently stir to combine, adding reserved pasta water, if needed.
Can you cook pasta in the slow cooker?
When you add pasta to a slow cooker they, unfortunately, do not cook slowly like the rest of the ingredients. Yes, they will cook slower than if placed directly in a pot of boiling water, but ultimately, you will end up with a mushy mess of overcooked pasta noodles. I don’t know about you guys, but soggy noodles don’t sound like my idea of a good dinner.
My advice- cook the noodles separately 🙂
If you must cook the noodles in the crockpot, remove the chicken tenders 30 minutes before desired serving time and add one additional cup of water or chicken broth to the crockpot. Add the noodles and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until noodles are cooked to desired doneness. Return the chicken back to the crockpot and stir in the parmesan cheese.
If you try cooking this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Pasta, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
For more chicken recipes check out,
- Easy Chicken and Butternut Squash
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Cajun Chicken and Rice Bake
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Gyro Recipe
For more pasta recipes check out,
- Angel Hair Pasta Recipe with Chicken
- Loaded Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- Creamy Sausage Pasta with Kale and Burrata
- Spring Pea Pasta with Prosciutto and Burrata Cheese
- Tequila Lime Pasta with Chicken
- 30 Minute Creamy Ham and Pea Pasta
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE THIS SLOW COOKER CREAMY CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE TO MAKE FOR A FAST, EASY, AND COMFORTING DINNER THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL LOVE.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 1 onion - minced
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 (25 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese - shredded
- 1 pound pasta - cooked
- Add the chopped onion, chicken tenders, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, and cream cheese to the bowl of a large crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or low for 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred with a fork. Return the chicken back to the pot, dissolving the cream cheese into the sauce and mixing well to combine.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta 1-2 minutes less than package instructions. Noodles should be cooked, but not mushy. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Stir in the shredded parmesan cheese and add the cooked pasta to the sauce. Mix well to combine. Enjoy!