Spinach, Pear, and Feta Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranate Arils. Ready in just 5 minutes, this salad is easy, delicious, and perfectly suited for any holiday or occasion. Sprinkled with sweet pomegranate arils and earthy walnuts, this salad is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and crunchy.
This Spinach Pear and Feta Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranate Arils was originally published in 2015 and has since become one of my most popular recipes. You can find more salad inspiration from other reader favorites including this Chicken and Cabbage Salad with Light Sesame Vinaigrette, Shredded Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad, and this Quinoa Salad with Garlic Roasted Butternut Squash, Feta, and Caramelized Onions.
Spinach Pear and Feta Salad- a bowl filled with sweet pears, tangy feta cheese, crunchy pomegranates, and mellow walnuts. This here is what salad dreams are made of. At least my salad dreams. This is my favorite salad ever. Like, ever ever. It’s beautiful to look at and delicious to eat. It’s also the easiest salad to throw together, which makes an already awesome salad even more amazing because sometimes all I really want to do is just eat.
I have made this crunchy Spinach Pear and Feta Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranate Arils at least six times in the past two months and could probably eat it every night for at least a week straight before wandering on to something new. I have also made a similar version for Thanksgiving with minor changes such as a different salad dressing and sliced almonds instead of walnuts.
This version is best. Just sayin’.
Ingredients in this Spinach Salad
- Fresh spinach
- Feta cheese
- Pears (still firm, but ripe)
- Pomegranate Arils
- Green onion (totally optional)
- Salad dressing (Balsamic Vinaigrette is highly recommended)
Why this is the best Spinach, Pear, and Feta Salad
Well, the answer to this would probably be different depending on who you ask. However, here is my list.
- It literally takes 5 MINUTES to make. Need I say more? Yes? Ok…
- People actually really really love this salad. Trust me, I have served this very Spinach Pear and Feta Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranate Arils many times.
- It’s tasty at any time of year and for all holidays or occasions. Can’t find pears? Apples are a wonderful substitute 🙂
- Turn it into a complete and filling meal! Top with leftover chicken or beans for a fast, fresh, and healthy dinner!
How to make this spinach and pear salad
Making this spinach salad is super easy!
- Place the spinach, walnuts, pomegranates, and feta in a large salad bowl.
- If preparing ahead of time, dip each pear slice into a small bowl of orange juice and then add to the salad bowl; otherwise, add the pears with the other ingredients. Arrange the salad by layers or toss it all together.
- Drizzle with salad dressing just before serving.
That’s it! Of course, if you plan to make this salad ahead of time for a period longer than 15 minutes or so, I recommend waiting to slice the pears until closer to the time of serving. The orange juice will help prevent browning for a period of time, but they will, ultimately, start to darken and look less appealing.
What to serve with this spinach salad
This easy spinach and pear salad is one of my favorite last-minute lunch or dinner options when I’m too lazy to cook. Sometimes I’ll serve it with toasted bread or hardboiled eggs and call it a meal, other times I get fancy and top it with sliced chicken breasts.
Looking to serve this salad on the side? Try it with,
- Honey Soy Salmon with Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Herb and Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Skillet Chicken Marsala with Pancetta
- Skinny Baked Popcorn Chicken Recipe
- Healthy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Cajun Chicken and Rice Bake
- Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes with Tahini Sauce
More than anything, this is my absolute favorite salad to share during the holidays. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, everyone loves this salad.
More salad recipes,
- Waldorf Salad Recipe
- Caprese Salad Recipe (Insalata Caprese)
- Easy Three Bean Salad Recipe
- Tabbouleh (Tabouli Salad Recipe)
- Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
If you make this Spinach, Pear, and Feta Salad Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Spinach, Pear, and Feta Salad
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 2 ripe, yet firm pears - chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts - chopped
- 1/2 cup feta - crumbled
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup orange juice - optional
- salad dressing of choice - (I served with balsamic vinaigrette)
- Place the spinach, walnuts, pomegranates and feta in a large salad bowl. If preparing ahead of time, dip each pear slice into a small bowl of orange juice and then add to the salad bowl; otherwise, add the pears with the other ingredients. You can arrange the salad by layers or toss it all together.
- Drizzle with salad dressing just before serving.