The perfect solution to any summer potluck or BBQ dilemma, this Mango, Watermelon and Corn Salad is the perfect combination of savory and sweet and pairs perfectly next to all those grilled summertime favorites.
How did it get to Thursday already? Actually, I have a few guesses on how it happened- the long weekend being one of them and getting a stomach virus being the second. When you sleep nearly 36 hours straight (with many toddler interruptions mixed in there, of course), the week goes so fast it’s almost like it never happened at all.
But seriously, stomach viruses. I always forget how crippling they are until they hit and BAM! suddenly the deep jointed pain smacks me in the face and I remember again. And then, in my delirium, all I could think about as I lay in bed with my toddler bouncing all over me was how on Earth would I survive pregnancy with this wild and crazy kid? (my husband did stay home from work, but by the afternoon some mama time was needed). True, I was feverish, everything hurt and I constantly felt like I was going to vomit, so perhaps my thinking was extreme, but still. As I’ve been giving more thought to a second lately, this virus may just have set me back a bit (of course, this will probably change tomorrow).
Today I have a super fresh Watermelon and Corn Salad for you guys. Filled with crisp vegetables and sweet fruit, this salad is delicious eaten alone, on top of rice, chicken or in tacos. The best part is that it takes just 10 minutes to prepare!
Side note- have you watched Marco Polo on Netflix? I’m currently watching the last episode of season 2 and I have no idea what my husband and I are going to watch together next (since we can never agree on anything, ever). It is not historically accurate, but it’s GOOD!
For the Salad:
- 2 mangos - seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 cup sweet cooked corn
- 2 cups watermelon - cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro - chopped
- 3 green onions - chopped
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1.5 limes - juiced
- salt - to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
- Chop and prepare ingredients for the salad and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Gently toss. Drizzle with dressing and toss again.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you love this Mango, Watermelon and Corn Salad, you may also enjoy-