These Protein Snack Packs are filled with hard-boiled eggs, almonds, hummus, and crunchy veggies. An easy and delicious Lunch Meal Prep Solution perfect for any protein lover, these fantastic little protein snack packs are perfect for school lunches, post-workout snacks, or picnics in the park.
Fast and easy lunches of all shapes and sizes play a crucial role in maintaining my sanity throughout the week. A few of my favorites include this Smashed Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich, Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich, and Loaded Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad.
We’ve all been there- Monday rolls around, you forgot to plan lunches and snacks for the week and the rest of the week is complete madness filled with take-out and junk food.
Ok, I exaggerate…a little. But one thing I have learned since meal prepping is that I am a much happier, healthier, and more productive human being when I don’t have to think about what I’m going to eat 3+ times a day.
And then there’s the tiny human and husband to think about…
So if you, like me, love to organize, plan, a pack your refrigerator full of prepared food, then YOU, my friend, are going to love these Protein Snack Packs. The perfect lunch meal prep for anyone looking to eat healthy foods that are low in sugar and carbs, but high in fiber and protein.
INGREDIENTS IN THIS PROTEIN SNACK PACKS
- Cheddar cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Hardboiled eggs
- Deli meat
- Mixed nuts
WHY I LOVE THESE LUNCH MEAL PREP SNACK PACKS
- They’re not just for lunch. They really should be called the “anytime snack packs” since you can grab one anytime- lunch, post-workout, dinner, road trips, etc.
- Low in sugar. Filled with lots of high protein goodies like hardboiled egg and deli meat and crunchy veggies to dip in hummus, I skipped the crackers and sugar-filled treats. But don’t worry, you won’t miss a thing.
- They are so super easy. Confession- I usually buy my eggs already hardboiled and peeled, so in my mind, these little protein snack packs require no cooking. Simply divide between trays and call it a day.
- Kids love them. Ok, I take that back…my child loves them. At least, he loves the meat, cheese, hummus, sugar snap peas, egg, and nuts (sometimes).
- Easily customizable. Don’t let me hold you back, my friends! If you want to add crackers or fruit or anything else that YOU love, do it!
MUST HAVE TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT FOR ALL YOUR MEAL PREP IDEAS
Meal Prep Bowls: You will need something to store and hold all your delicious prepared food in, right? These are my recommendations.
- Glass Meal Prep Containers with 2 Compartments– Having two compartments is perfect if you prefer to keep flavors separate from each other, or you want to prevent a sauce from making something soggy. These glass meal prep containers are freezable, microwavable, and dishwasher safe.
- Glass Meal Prep Containers with 1 Compartment– One giant compartment perfect for Burrito Bowls, Pastas, or this Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Recipe. These glass meal prep containers are freezable, microwavable, and dishwasher safe.
- For non-glass options, you can try these BPA free Bowls or Single Compartment Containers.
Other recommended items that will help make planning easier and help the environment!
- Plastic cups with lids– (if anyone knows of a more planet-friendly option, please let me know)- these little cups will keep things like salad dressing, sour cream, guacamole, etc. separate from the other food. This is especially important when meal prepping salad bowls as the last thing you want for lunch is soggy lettuce.
- Spork– if you’ve ever wondered where the name of my blog came from…Anyway, attach this to your keychain or backpack and take it everywhere.
- Reusable Insulated Water Bottle– I have several different brands. I have carried the same Kleen Kanteen for years, but I love my Insulated Rtic Water Bottle because it keeps ice frozen forever.
- Silicone Reusable Straw
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER AWESOME MEAL PREP IDEAS
- Chicken Teriyaki Meal Prep
- Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Recipe
- Meal Prep: Chicken Shawarma Quinoa Bowls
- Curried Chicken Salad Meal Prep
- Meal Prep Skillet Kielbasa with Bell Peppers
- Buffalo Turkey Meatballs with Easy Meal Prep Bowls
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Protein Snack Pack - Lunch Meal Prep
- 1 1/4 cups hummus
- 1 1/4 cups mixed nuts
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (chopped into cubes)
- 12 ounces deli lunch meat
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 large English cucumber (sliced)
- 5 eggs (hardboiled)
- Divide remaining ingredients- cheddar cheese, lunch meat, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, English cucumber, and egg- among five Single Compartment Containers. Add one cup filled with hummus and one filled with nuts to each container. Seal and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
Want to try these Protein Snack Packs?
to your MEAL PREP or LOW CARB Board on Pinterest and save it for later!