Learn how to make Chipotle Lime Crema with this easy recipe!
I am a lover of all things sauce. or condiments.
Actually, funny story, apparently I love condiments so much, my husband still reminds me of this one time, which just so happened to be our first date, where I confessed my love for sauce. I remember our first date well and will always remember what I was thinking the moments after I told him how much I loved ketchup and ranch dressing and hot sauce.
‘seriously? condiments? this guy is going to think i’m obsessed with food. whatever, keep the conversation going…’
So, I kept it cool and continued to talk about sauces. It ultimately led to me talking about my own mother’s eating habits and how I was just like her. It’s true, I am. Especially when it comes to food.
Oh, and I am totally obsessed with food.
Now, nearly 9 years later (speaking of, I think it’s our 1 year wedding anniversary tomorrow) my husband is still with me and continues to put up with all my food concoctions and awkward conversations.
A couple weeks ago I wanted to make tacos, but I wanted them to have a spicy cream sauce to drizzle on top or dunk in. Chipotle, lime and cilantro are always winners so I went from there.
The sauce was delicious with just the right amount of kick from the chipotle chilis. And, those tacos I wanted to make? ah-maz-ing! (And coming tomorrow).
Chipotle Lime Crema
- 2 cups sour cream (or 1 cup sour cream 1 cup greek yogurt)
- 3 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (more to taste)
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- salt (to taste)
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a large food processor (or high power blender) and blend until completely mixed (approximately 1 minute). Taste and add any additional ingredients you feel necessary (salt, cumin, lime). Scrape the sides of the bowl once and blend again. Scoop into a bowl and serving with your favorite dishes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)