The easiest Balsamic Chicken Recipe is made with succulent baked chicken thighs soaked in a bold and delicious balsamic herb marinade. Ready in just 30 minutes!
If you love the bold flavor of balsamic vinegar, then you will love this easy balsamic chicken recipe. Ready in less than 30 minutes, it’s one of my favorite weeknight dinners. Boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts are first marinated in a flavorful blend of minced garlic, dried herbs, and balsamic vinegar, then seared on both sides before finishing cooking in the oven. The result is perfectly tender, juicy chicken pieces in a tangy and slightly sweet pan sauce.
How to Make Balsamic Chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Make the Marinade: Combine the the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, mustard, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
3. Marinate the Chicken: Place the chicken pieces in a large Ziploc bag, pour the balsamic mixture over the chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Simmer and Reduce the Marinade: Remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside. Transfer the leftover marinade to a small saucepot and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half.
5. Sear the Chicken: Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on one side for 1-2 minutes, then flip the chicken and place the skillet into the preheated oven.
6. Bake: Bake the chicken uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until it is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as measured by an instant read thermometer.
7. Remove and Serve: Remove the chicken and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley, lemon, and reduced pan sauce, if desired.
How to Serve Balsamic Chicken
Sweet and tangy, this balsamic chicken can be served with countless side dishes. Typically when I serve this for my family, I’ll include my favorite roasted veggies like asparagus or zucchini, Caprese salad, mashed potatoes, or pasta aglio e olio (pasta with garlic and olive oil). Other delicious sides include a mixed green salad, cous cous, or bruschetta.
Storage and Leftovers
- Storage: Transfer leftovers to an airtight container and place the chicken in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Freezing: Wrap the chicken tightly in plastic wrap or transfer the chicken to freezer-safe bags/containers to prevent freezer burn. Stored properly, it can last for up to 2-6 months in the freezer.
- Reheating: If frozen, defrost in the refrigerator overnight or use the defrost setting on your microwave. Reheat the chicken in a preheated oven, in a skillet on the stovetop, or in the microwave. If using an oven or stovetop, add a splash of chicken broth or water to keep the chicken moist. Reheat until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Skewers
- Chicken Yakitori Recipe
- Baked Chicken Thighs (How to Bake Chicken Thighs)
- How to Cook Chicken Breasts
- Creamy Coconut Milk Chicken Recipe (One-Skillet)
- Bruschetta Chicken
If you try making this Easy Balsamic Chicken Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the marinade by whisking together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, mustard, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large Ziploc bag, pour the balsamic mixture over the chicken, and seal the bag, ensuring each piece gets coated in the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, then remove the pieces from the bag to a clean plate. Transfer the leftover marinade to a small saucepot and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half.
- Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and sear the chicken on one side for a minute to get some color, then flip the chicken and place the skillet into the preheated oven.
- Bake the chicken uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until it is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once done, remove the chicken from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with freshly chopped parsley, lemon wedges, and reduced pan sauce, if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)