This Garlic Butter Sauce with Steak has been sponsored by Plugrá® Butter. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This mouthwatering 5-ingredient Garlic Butter Sauce takes just minutes to whip together and tastes amazing with all your dinner favorites, including shrimp, chicken, veggies, and, of course, steak!
Garlic Butter Sauce
Few things in life get me more excited than butter. An absolute must-have in much of my cooking, good quality butter can’t be compromised. Whether I’m enjoying this simple everyday essential slathered on toast, to make scrambled eggs, or as the main ingredient in this Garlic Butter Sauce, I always choose Plugrá Butter. Found at my local Safeway store, I always stock up whenever it goes on sale or I happen to have a coupon.
In honor of my most-recent butter stockpile, (and tutorial on how to cook steak) I thought it would be fun to share my favorite Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe with you guys.
Obviously, this isn’t the sort of thing I make all the time, so when I do, I do it right. And that means quality, delicious Plugrá Butter, fresh lemon juice, and fresh minced garlic in addition to garlic powder and fresh parsley (if you’re into that sort of thing).
Ingredients in Garlic Butter Sauce
- Butter. Obviously, you can’t have a Garlic Butter Sauce without butter. The butter makes up more than 90 percent of this recipe, so I highly recommend that you pick butter that you know tastes delicious, like Plugrá Butter.
- Fresh garlic. Aside from the butter, garlic is essential. Fresh garlic (aka garlic that you have to break off the bulb and peel yourself) always tastes better.
- Garlic powder. Yep, you’ll want some of this, too. Garlic powder has a super concentrated garlic flavor but tastes totally different from fresh garlic.
- Fresh lemon juice. Please don’t add concentrated lemon juice. Ok?
- Salt. Add as much or as little salt as you like. Of course, keep in mind the dish that you will be serving with your Garlic Butter Sauce. Is it already salty?
- Fresh parsley. The parsley is optional, but I always like to add a little freshness to mine.
Some of you may be wondering why I love this butter so much. Well, aside from tasting amazing (so creamy!), here are some other reasons.
- Made from real milk from American dairy farms. This is awesome, why? Because unlike many premium butters, Plugrá Butter is made right here in the US with local dairy! Less importing and unnecessary use of fossil fuels.
- No artificial ingredients or added growth hormones. I mean, I don’t know about you guys, but I hate those things.
- Slow-churned. Slow churned butter results in less moisture, which ultimately results in optimal flavor, performance, and creamier taste.
- Higher butterfat content. While most butter is 80% butterfat, Plugrá is 82% butterfat and slow churned for a creamier flavor. The result is flakier pie crusts, softer cookies, and more flavorful sauces.
How to make Garlic Butter Sauce
If you’re looking for a last-minute, easy recipe to turn a simple steak or chicken dinner into something truly amazing, then I definitely recommend this Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce.
Get started by preparing your fresh garlic. Depending on your own personal taste and preference, you may chop, mince, or grate your garlic using a microplane. I usually just chop or mince my garlic as it’s one less kitchen tool to clean and I really love eating big chunks of garlic.
Once the garlic has been prepped, grab a small saucepan and set it over medium to medium-low heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of butter plus the garlic to the pan and cook just until the garlic is fragrant. Stir continuously and do not burn the garlic.
Add the remaining butter, garlic powder, and salt to the pan. Allow the butter to melt slowly and stir continuously to combine. Add the lemon juice and continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in the minced parsley, if using.
What to serve with Garlic Butter Sauce
The best thing about this sauce is that it, quite literally, wants to be served with just about everything.
Here are some ideas to get you started–
- Drizzled over a cast-iron cooked T-Bone steak (shown here).
- A dipping sauce for shrimp or steak bites.
- Tossed with your favorite pasta or noodles.
- Served with a bowl of steamed vegetables and salmon.
- When you have no idea what to do with those leftover chicken breasts.
- With Garlic Roasted Potatoes and vegetables
How to store leftover Garlic Butter Sauce
If you find yourself with leftovers of this magical dipping sauce, transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Pop the (microwave safe) jar in the microwave at 20-30 second intervals, stirring between each one, or
- Submerge the bottom-half of the jar into a bowl filled with hot water. Stir as needed until desired consistency is reached.
If you try making this Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
For more dinner recipes check out,
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites Recipe
- Pork Chops with Apples and Butternut Squash
- Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- Skillet Salisbury Steak Recipe
- American Goulash Recipe (One-Pot)
- Jambalaya Recipe
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE THIS GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE AND SHARE IT AT YOUR NEXT PARTY!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Garlic Butter Sauce with Steak
For the Steak (optional)
- 1 T-Bone Steak - at least 2-inches thick
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp canola oil - (or other high heat cooking oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- tsp freshly grated black pepper
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Plugrá® Butter
For the Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Plugrá® Butter
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice - plus more to taste
- 1-2 tbsp fresh parsley - minced (optional)
For the Steak
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and drizzle each size with approximately 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub the olive oil and seasoning into the steak, coating the entire surface. Allow the steak to come to room temperature.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over high heat. Add 2 generous tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Once the skillet is nice and hot, add the steak.
- Use a pair of cooking tongs to flip the steak every 30-60 seconds. Meanwhile, as the steak is cooking, very carefully tilt the pan and spoon the hot oil and juices over the top of the steak.
- After the steak has been cooking for approximately 2-3 minutes, add the butter. Continue to flip and spoon the melted butter over the top of the steak until the internal temperature reads between 125-130 degrees F (for a medium rare steak) on a digital thermometer.
- Immediately remove your steak from the pan and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides and garlic butter sauce.
For the Garlic Butter Sauce
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for approximately 30-60 seconds, stirring constantly. Do not let the garlic burn, reduce the heat to low if needed. Add the remaining butter, garlic powder, and salt to the pan. Stir well to combine. Once the butter has melted, add the lemon juice and continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Remove the butter from the heat and stir in the minced parsley, if using. Best served hot.
(Nutrition information provided is for the Garlic Butter Sauce only and does not include the steak. )
To find a Safeway near you, visit the Safeway Store Locator.