This 3-ingredient Roasted Strawberry Peach Smoothie is a fun, fresh, and healthy way to stay cool this summer. Made with just 3 simple ingredients- peaches, strawberry, and apple juice- both kids and adults will go bonkers for their very own layered smoothie.
Smoothies are pretty awesome. Just in case you didn’t know. And a layered smoothie made with ROASTED strawberries and peaches? Hello Summer!
Why smoothies are great
- Smoothies, when done right can be super healthy.
- They’re refreshing. Especially when you freeze some apple juice into ice cubes.
- Smoothies are totally customizable.
- Speaking of customizable- do you love cocktails? Add a couple of ounces of tequila and some lime juice to this roasted strawberry mango smoothie and viola! you have a margarita.
- Kids love them!
HOW TO MAKE A LAYERED SMOOTHIE
Making a layered smoothie, like this 3-ingredient strawberry peach smoothie, is as easy as making a regular smoothie. And with these few simple tips making your very own layered smoothie is even easier than ever!
- Blend the lighter colored smoothie first and the darker colored smoothie last. Why? If you first blend the strawberry smoothie and then plan to blend the peach smoothie, the peach smoothie will be discolored by the strawberry smoothie leftover in the blender. That, or you’ll have to wash the blender.
- If you’re not using frozen fruit- which in the case of this smoothie, we’re not- freeze the juice into juice cubes. This will ensure a super thick, ice-cold smoothie.
- When adding a layer, carefully add the first couple tablespoons onto one side, or corner, of the glass. In other words, try to avoid pouring the second layer directly in the middle.
HOW TO ROAST STRAWBERRIES AND PEACHES IN THE OVEN
Strawberries and peaches, when roasted, somehow and by some magic, taste better. They become sweeter (I know!), warm, and caramely thanks to the cooked sugars. So, how does one go about roasting these delicious fruits?
- Get some fresh and ripe strawberries and peaches. For this 3-ingredient roasted strawberry peach smoothie, you’ll want at least 2 heaping cups of each (few extra never hurt anyone).
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and cut in half. Slice the peaches into even slices.
- Preheat oven and transfer the fruit to a rimmed baking sheet(s).
- Sprinkle with (optional) sugar.
Tip- avoid overcooking. When you bake fruits, the cell walls break down resulting in the release of water. Too much heat for too long will dry them out.
Roasted strawberries taste wonderful not only blended in smoothies, but also on toast, with chicken, and as a sweet topping on your favorite dips like this Ricotta and White Bean Dip.
BEST FRUITS TO BAKE (DRY COOK)
EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO MAKE THIS STRAWBERRY MANGO SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- High-speed blender- Blendtec or Vitamix would be my top pick.
- Baking Sheets– these are easily my favorite. I last purchased mine in 2014 and they’re still going strong!
- Cutting Board– No favorite here. I use all shapes, sizes, and materials when it comes to cutting boards.
- Ice cube tray– Just in case you remember to freeze that apple juice
If you try making this Roasted Strawberry Peach Smoothie, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
For more smoothie check out,
- Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- Mango Peach Green Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- Banana Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Raspberry Beet Smoothie Bowl
- Avocado + Mango Smoothie
- Blueberry, Beet and Spinach Smoothie
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE THIS LAYERED SMOOTHIE RECIPE AND ADD IT TO YOUR NEXT WEEKLY MEAL PLAN!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
3-Ingredient Roasted Strawberry Peach Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (stems removed and halved)
- 2 cups peaches (fresh, chopped)
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar (totally optional)
- 1 cup apple juice (divided)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chop the strawberries and the peaches and transfer each to a large bowl. Sprinkle each with one tablespoon of sugar (if using). Toss well to coat. Spread fruit over baking sheets and place in pre-heated oven. Roast for approximately 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Transfer roasted strawberries and peaches to the refrigerator to cool completely.
- When ready to make the smoothie, decide which layer you want to have on the bottom (I started with the peaches- this way I wouldn't have to clean the blender). Add the fruit, half the apple juice, and a handful of ice to a high-speed blender. Process on low, first, and continue to blend until fully smooth and blended. Divide between two glasses.
- Add the other fruit (in my case, the roasted strawberries) to the blender, in addition to the apple juice and a handful of ice. Blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour the second flavor on top of the first layer and garnish with fresh fruit, if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
IF YOU LOVE THIS 3-INGREDIENT ROASTED STRAWBERRY PEACH SMOOTHIE, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY,